Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

23516 Views 130 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2012 9:41 AM by imustbecrazy2 Go to original post 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next
  • Lotus5 Rookie 7 posts since
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    120. Feb 9, 2010 6:27 PM (in response to FF5K)
    Re: New Year with C25K! Who wants to train with me?

Hi there! I have never written anything on this blog but I have been following. Yesterday I finished my W5D2. I am getting closer to the 20 minute run and I am a bit nervous. So far I am loving the program and I am very excited about running. I can see some changes in my body already. Is anybody out there about to jump into W5D3 as well?

• imustbecrazy2 Amateur 27 posts since
    Jan 2, 2010
    121. Feb 10, 2010 10:21 PM (in response to Lotus5)

W6D1 in the books, yeah, seemed easy after last week

Jan 2, 2010

I did W6D2 the other day, but in my attempt at W6D3 I spaced out and forgot how long I was supposed to run so I only hit 22 instead of 25, gonna have to do this one again.

Where did everyone go, surely you haven't given up?

• Lotus5 Rookie 7 posts since
    Jan 6, 2010

W5D3 under my belt! It was really hard. Yesterday I completed W6D1 and I thought it was hard too but not as much... I run on a treadmill and I have been running with a 1 inclination. I wonder if, as a beginner runner (I had never run before in my life), this is what I should be doing. Maybe I should run without incline until my body is more used to it... Any thoughts?

Everybody who is sticking to the program: GOOD JOB!

• michelled331 Amateur 18 posts since
    Jan 2, 2010
    124. Feb 14, 2010 9:58 AM (in response to FF5K)

@imustbecrazy: i haven't given up, but because of the two blizzards we had in the dc area recently i have nowhere to run (all the sidewalks are covered and most side roads are only one lane). so sadly i've had to stop for a while. i was about to do w4d3, and i'm wondering if i should just restart week 4 altogether when i eventually can get out and run again.

Jan 2, 2010

I totally forgot about all the blizzards everywhere back East, you might want to back off when you restart, how far is going to depend on how long it takes everything to thaw!

Glad to know people are sticking with it.  We had a couple nice days last week, it is so much easier to run outside I can't believe it, I was really bummed when I had to use the treadmill at the gym the other night, it is so boring to me, not to mention the guy next to me smelled like he had run a really really long distance, if you know what I mean.

Jan 2, 2010

W7D1 is history, A big part of me kept saying "you can't do this, your legs hurt, you should stop" but the part that won out was the one that kept saying" yes you can, lots of other people have followed the plan, and you ARE going to do it too, just don't stop."  The 4th track on the new Jason Aldene CD hleped also, it's very motivating, but for the life of me I can't rememer the title right now-man I'm getting old.

• Flatlander62 Pro 80 posts since
    Jan 9, 2010

Hi New Year Cto5kers. I'm going over from the "other" thread for newbies who started the first week of January to invite you to a new combined thread. Looks like we've both lost a few members of our groups and we might find more inpsiration, motivation, direction, and discussion if we all band together. Look for the March Graduates thread. Hope to see you there!

Started W2D1 January 9, 2010

First 5k, Run for the Paws 1/30/10, 36.01

Hope, Love & Faith MS 5k, 3/6/10, 31.31

S.B.K. Run for the Cure 5k, 3/13/10, 34.03

Firecracker 5k, 7/4/10, 33.16

John Clay 5k, 9/4/10, 30.39

Halloween Crazy 8k, 50.20

NEXT:

Ft. Lauderdale 13.1 Half Marathon, 11/14/10

Jan 2, 2010

Hey, for anyone still around I did it, I am running my first 5K in the AM!

• joedadd Pro 122 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    129. Mar 1, 2012 6:31 AM (in response to FF5K)

Anyone else still running?

Weight:

12/18/2011 - 280 LBS

10/2/2012 - 248 LBS

Short term goal - 10/31/2012 - 241 LBS

Intermediate Goal - 230 LBS by 12/31/2012

Long term goal - 190 LBS - Sometime in the distant future.

Running: Complete Broad Street Run May 2013

Jan 2, 2010
    130. Mar 1, 2012 9:41 AM (in response to joedadd)

Actually, Yes!  Since completing the C25K I have run numerous races, including 2 half marathons.  Unfortunatly after 2 bouts of pneumonia this year I find myself starting over.  I am looking for a half  marathon to run in the fall, and some shorter races between now and then.  Know of any saturday runs in the seattle area?

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...