NEED HELP?|

1153 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 12:43 PM by JLBELMONTE
JLBELMONTE Rookie 2 posts since
Aug 11, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 5, 2012 12:08 PM

IM New York. Acommodation. Help!!

Hi everyone,

My name is Jose and I'm writing to you from Spain (Europe), I'm registered at the N.Y. Ironman, August, 11th. At this time I still don't know where I'll be staying in the city. I haven't made any hotel reservation neither rented a house. Before I take a decission on this item, I would appreciate wether anybody participating in the race or citizen of the area would advice me. I will be travelling with my wife and my two children. We plan to stay in NY for a couple of weeks. This means we'll need a house with at least two rooms. My question is: which is the best area to settle down in NY considering the finish area of the race. What is the best way to search for a house to rent with all guarantees? Is anyone living next to this area ready to share his house with four spanish guys?

I'll be waiting for your answers.

Thanks very much.

Jose

• ShawnCordes Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 27, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 14, 2012 1:53 PM (in response to JLBELMONTE)
    IM New York. Acommodation. Help!!

Jose,

Seeing as you are looking for a house for a few weeks, I'd suggest something in New Jersey (the state) as anything in Manhattan (NYC) would be pretty expensive.  A few areas in NJ that are close include Hoboken, Union City, North Bergen, Secaucus, Bloomfield, Clifton, Montclair and East Orange. Since I live in Connecticut I will have to defer to people that live in New Jersey on which would be neighborhoods that would be good.  As for where to look, I'd suggest www.homeaway.com which is used by people that own homes and rent them out to people for weeks at a time.

If you aren't too close to the city, you could also book a hotel room in NYC for the night before or after the race. I have been looking this week, and in spot checking prices a few mins ago I found 32 different hotels at www.hotelroom.com that were under $250 which is cheap for NYC, and 9 of those 32 were under $200 per night. You can find their New York city deals page at: http://www.hotelroom.com/deals/us/new-york/new-york/www.hotelroom.com/deals/us/new-york/new-york/ they have always had great deals and been good for me.

Few thiings for you, the swim should be a fast one as it will be down stream and we should have a nice current that day. Bike course isn't challenging from what I've seen though I haven't seen the first few miles and that could be tough. The run has a tough 1st 14 miles, lots of hills.  Good luck, and see you out there. 21+ weeks to go...

- Shawn

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points