Skip navigation

1691 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2012 7:57 AM by MrRoryBreaker RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 17, 2012 3:00 PM

Gladiator Rock'n Run / Phoenix Reviews

Share your experiences with the Gladiator Rock'n Run / Phoenix below Back to event details page.

• trayart5682 Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 2, 2012
    1. Mar 17, 2012 3:00 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Gladiator Rock'n Run / Phoenix Reviews

It was VERY poorly organized. Having run a few of these type events, this was a joke. Lots of bottle necking due to poorly designed obstacles. I feel like this whole thing was hyped beyond what it really was. Their hired photographers were only seen in ONE location on the whole race yet their website claimed there would be hired photographers all over the course. The beer was at least good. This race really didn't seem very challenging at all.

• pegsanurse Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 22, 2009
    2. Mar 19, 2012 1:19 AM (in response to Guest )

Had fun none the less, but quite dissapointment at the obstacles, no photo folks at each ot the obstacles. By the time we made it to Buddah, bags of sand were all delervered to him, and strewn along road. Ring of firse at end was a curb of ash.But..by the time we arrived from our 1230 time out, all the photo and vendor booths had shut down,very sad and dissapointing..Not sure I would choose this event again.

• MsCalifornia Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 20, 2012
    3. Mar 20, 2012 10:55 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first mud run and it was really easy and people are right; it was VERY poorly organized.

There was bottle knecking at each obstacle course where I literally had to wait 5 minutes to be able to even attempt the obstacle. There were no photographers except for at the very end of the course and not very many people showed up vendors included. I spent half an hour looking for the beer and turns out I walked past it several times because it was being given out of a small orange cooler. I did have fun but it was hyped up more than it really was.

• Jeffro14 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 9, 2011
    4. Mar 20, 2012 5:39 PM (in response to Guest )

I have done many different runs from marathons to many mud runs and this was horribly organized.  I waited 20 plus minutes at spider web this after our start time was held back 20 minutes at the start because of the bottleneck.  Obviously they knew about the bottleneck but continued to add to it instead of resolving it.  Course was very poorly designed as you don't put an obstacle that only single file or max of 2 people can do at a time within the first mile or you are going to get a bottleneck - common sense! Should of have known from the traffic backup and no parking coming in it was going to be a joke of a race.  Volunteers at check in did not even have list of runners so you had to go find your bib number and then remember that # while waiting in line for 20 minutes.  Of course they were just giving out what size t-shirt you want instead of what you actually ordered so I had my choice of a mens small or mens medium or I could have a women's large - at least it will be a nice rag.  I would have picked up my shirt/packet early but both days had the same exact time for pickup - hello stagger the times a little and people that have jobs could pick up their stuff.  The pickup locations were both in East Valley when race is in west valley and closest one was 33 miles from the race. I have never had to wait at obstacle more than a minute at most at any of the other obstacle course runs I have done.  They should save money and not even mess with timing chips as time is irrelevant unless you happen to be in first part of first wave.  Warrior Dash has ten times the amount of participants but none of these problems!

• trayart5682 Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 2, 2012
    5. Mar 20, 2012 8:18 PM (in response to Jeffro14)

I can't WAIT to hit WD at the end of April. Did it last year and was able to sail through the obstacles. What kills me is that for 65 a ticket, they should have been able to hire people that knew how to design a course and avoid the bottle necking.

• Wangjiang Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 6, 2011
    6. Mar 20, 2012 9:07 PM (in response to Guest )

1.It is suitable for sending to young girls and women as gifts!.

2.The suitable scene of sending gifts is on birthday or the festivals.

• MrRoryBreaker Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 14, 2012
    7. Oct 14, 2012 7:57 AM (in response to Guest )

I have to agree that it was poorly organized.  Booths wrapping everything up while people are still running the last heat.  We had to ask "Nitro" for our beers because the beer guy was trying to wrap up and get out of there.  What a douche!!!  I don't know if they had beer until the end, but I would be extremely upset after finishinbg the race and no free beeer available.  It's the principality!!  Going under a cargo net, really?  That is consider an obstacle, c'mon that was very lame.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...