Skip navigation

3813 Views 39 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 11:39 AM by LenaBean1386 RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 17, 2012 10:59 AM

Kiss Me I'M Irish Run Reviews

Share your experiences with the Kiss Me I'M Irish Run below Back to event details page.

• ttkucenski Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 14, 2007
    1. Mar 17, 2012 10:59 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Kiss Me I'M Irish Run Reviews

Great race! Thanks to everyone who set it up.

Don't let your past strangle your future!!

• Kathy McKinnon Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 9, 2007
    2. Mar 18, 2012 10:03 AM (in response to Guest )

Great Race!  So fun watching all of the fun outfits while running!  I switched races on race day and it was handled quickly with no problems at all - THANK YOU!  This was my second year participating and I will definitely do it again next year!

• SeeJenRun! Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 18, 2011
    3. Mar 18, 2012 10:06 AM (in response to Guest )

Fun race, although I would not say the course was 'flat' and fast...  There were some hills in that park!

• Shari Fox Jumper Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 16, 2008
    4. Mar 18, 2012 10:07 AM (in response to Guest )

I loved the event; lots of great St. Patrick's day spirit and TONS of fun people to talk to after the event.

A suggestion for the long food line might be to have both sides of the table open in order to serve twice as many people in the same amount of time. 

Great day for a run! Will definately participate next year if circumstances allow. 

Shari

• Carol de la Montaigne Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 16, 2007
    5. Mar 18, 2012 10:11 AM (in response to Guest )

The race was fine, nice course once we got away from the confusing signs around Westgate. I was a little disappointed that you ran out of size S and M shirts and goodie bags by 6:50 am. I registered awhile ago and got neither a shirt or bag. Should have anticipated a big turnout with all the advertising you did.

• NancySours Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 18, 2012
    6. Mar 18, 2012 10:25 AM (in response to Guest )

Had a great time!  Disappointed that my time doesn't show up . . . . but still enjoyed the exercise and the enthusiasm of the crowd.  Will definitely do again next year!  Hey . . . how about mailing packets next year, long drive to Scottsdale to pick them up!

• lacalif11 Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 10, 2011
    7. Mar 18, 2012 11:14 AM (in response to Guest )

Fun race! Fast and quick run. Wish there were green medals to the finishers (17K run)

• Runner Mom4 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 24, 2008
    8. Mar 18, 2012 11:28 AM (in response to Guest )

Loved the event but could do without the turnarounds for the 17k route.  It also would have been nice to have been able to get the size shirt we registered for.... not everyone can always pick up packets on the ONE day we're given.

• elf.roadrunner Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 6, 2007
    9. Mar 18, 2012 11:46 AM (in response to Guest )

It was a fun occasion and I loved McFadden's being so involved. I did not like all the turn arounds on the 17k course, that got a bit annoying. But overall I had a great time!

• NateElwell Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 20, 2012
    10. Mar 18, 2012 12:07 PM (in response to Guest )

The event was great!  However, they may want to consider more Port-A-John's as there was extensive lines and prolonged waiting!

• AudyL Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 18, 2012
    11. Mar 18, 2012 1:02 PM (in response to Guest )

I thought it was fun run!  Loved all the people dressed up in green! Also loved the fact that my dog could run with me.  It was a great course loved the little hills too!

• circusmom Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 4, 2010
    12. Mar 18, 2012 1:28 PM (in response to Guest )

We traveled from East Mesa for this event and it was worth it.  We had no problem with pre race packet pick up at Road Runner sports, no problem finding the event, course was nice and event was festive.  This was our first event of this size and we had a great time, only down side was with such a big crowd no one could hear the announcer so there was a little confusion at the starting line, one suggestion was to find out if the event planners can tap into the sound system of the mall if they use this venue again.  Over all it was a great way to start the day and we will definitely be going again next year!

• Phillip Duncan Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 29, 2009
    13. Mar 18, 2012 1:55 PM (in response to Guest )

It was great to see so many runners turn out for the event. I ran the 17K and for the most part enjoyed the course. The little rolling hills in the second part of the run made it challenging and interesting.  I didn't care for the intersections where the 8K and 17K came together. I had to slow way down and it was a bit of a traffic jam. On the way back the last 2 miles I also didn't like having to weave in and around the 8K joggers and walkers. People seemed unaware that there were faster runners coming up behind and that they shouldn't block the course. The refreshments were great at the end and I liked that they started the awards right away. Overall great event.

• Lisa Pozzoni Rookie 6 posts since
    Nov 11, 2007
    14. Mar 18, 2012 2:07 PM (in response to Guest )

2nd year in a row participating in this event and love it!  Great atmosphere, course, etc. My only "complaint" is that I registered way in advance and I could not get the M shirt that I originally ordered because they were out.  I had to get a L which I won't wear because it's too big...;( (and the shirts is one of the reasons I love this event)

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...