Skip navigation

894 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2012 7:08 AM by Ryanbktballer RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 18, 2012 12:11 PM

FL.ROC JAX, MUD RUN -  Running Obstacle Challenge Reviews

Share your experiences with the FL.ROC JAX, MUD RUN -  Running Obstacle Challenge below Back to event details page.

• Angel_32092 Rookie 7 posts since
    Dec 16, 2011

I had a blast at the Race Yesterday, but I feel that many of the obstacles were too small in width for enough people to cross.  There were many obstacles with bottle-necking which kept you from making a good time unless you were first in line at take off.  For cost it definitely had challenging and fun obstacles!

• Zia_Rita Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 9, 2011

my 3rd fl.roc event and it was another great time!  they keep improving the event while maintaining a reasonable price.  the location is fantastic, everything went off in a timely manner and the best schwag of any of the mud runs   thanks guys!

• Freehuey Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 29, 2012

Thanks to all that put this together, it was a really good time! I'm assuming that the organizers had nothing to do with ordering up that beautiful weather, but that combined with the charisma of the runners and the challenging obstacles made for a memorable event. I could do without the walkers from the previous start time that lacked the sense to walk single file on the course, or the people from the earlier start that wanted to pose for pictures of themselves atop obstacles mid race... oh, then there was the runner that got stuck on the climb with fear, and... well you get the point. Lesson learned- I'm off in the first heat next time. Keep 'em coming!

• ABNChemo Rookie 3 posts since
    Aug 25, 2009

My 2nd FL ROC Run. It was better than the first. The obstacles were well placed and just challenging enough. I would even say there was room for more obstacles! The mud was way better this time! There was some bottle necking at a few of the obstacles but it was better this time than last time. Maybe a fix is to limit the number of runners in each heat even further than you did this time. Can't wait till next time!

Enjoy Life!

• euza Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 18, 2012

this was my first time and it was great!! sure enough that I need to get in shape, but I had a blast!! cool obstacles but it have some more. thanks for the organization!!!

• UserNameTaken Rookie 4 posts since
    Feb 28, 2012

I liked the venue. Lots of shade so you didn't get baked.  The track layout was good, most obstacles were fun and not flimsy.  Getting out of the river was too tough for many though, and caused a bottle neck that hurt even those who could get out easily.  The ropes across the water need to go.  The wait in line was atleast 15 minutes.  Even with that stuff, I would have rated it 4 stars.  But the off site organization is less than poor.  No links to the event photographer, no links to the results page.  80 dollars to run, and they can't budget a few bucks to place signs on the road.  I see more directional signs to a yard sale than I did for this event that was admittedly difficult to find on the pre-race email.

• JosephFarren Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 27, 2012

Jesus Christ Saves This was my first "mud run" obstacle course and it was somewhat challenging if you pushed yourself but was highly enjoyable either way. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a running adventure. It's excellent for groups! Lookin' for more! Runnin' for Christ

• Coopcatt Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 19, 2012

Had a blast!! I loved the amount of obstacles and it broke up the 5k to where I almost forgot I was running one.. Cant wait for the next one!

• Ryanbktballer Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 5, 2011

This was a really fun event! The environment was festive and fun, the course was a good challenge, and the multitudes of obstacles were great. For future consideration of the Fl Roc staff, the only negative was the major bottleneck at the tightrope across the river, it was a potentially 15-20 min wait

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...