Skip navigation

1331 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 7:08 PM by Grabtherebound
Kzai01 Amateur 30 posts since
Oct 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 21, 2012 5:48 PM

Please help with situation!!!

I've been working  myself into exhaustion  recently  playing ball at the boy's  club  during the week and working on my  fundamentals on the weekends, but it is never enough. Soon  as  I  get  in  a  full  court  game, its like I  forgot what I practiced. Instead of playing to perform, I'm playing not to suck. Its frustrating cause I'm the only who knows how good I am and how hard I practice. I don't know if I'm just being soft mentally or if I need to work even harder. Please offer some feedback it would really help.

• Rebound23 Pro 99 posts since
    Mar 16, 2012
    1. Mar 22, 2012 11:40 AM (in response to Kzai01)

This sounds like a mental thing. You gotta be confident when you hit the court. When your on the bench or even on the floor remember what you've have practiced and put it into action. I use to have this problem but over came it by forcing myself not to care whether I miss a shot but to only believe that every one would go in. By being confident I played as well as I do on and off the court.

• Phx Suns Expert 39 posts since
    Jul 18, 2011
    2. Mar 22, 2012 5:24 PM (in response to Kzai01)

Whats happening to you is very casual. It happens to a lot of great basketball players. Pretend that nobody is on the court when you play... like they can't even see you. It doesn't matter about plays, as a kid I never did a play! Don't push yourself too hard because that effects your growth a lot! Listen to music before you play a game(something that has a beat, like pop music!) That will help a thousand times better mentally. Don't be intimidated about your opponets. Whether their tall or small it doesn't mean there better than everyone! Don't e nervous and if you get nervous then just take a deep breath and think about what I said right now.

Phoenix Suns Office

• Grabtherebound Amateur 15 posts since
    Mar 22, 2012
    3. Mar 22, 2012 7:08 PM (in response to Kzai01)

When you go out onto the court, have some confidence. Think, "I'm gonna go out there and play great." Have some swagger to your game. It's all in your head. That can be good, or it can be bad. It's up to you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points