Skip navigation

1889 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 11:51 AM by BoWeezy
Rebound23 Pro 99 posts since
Mar 16, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 22, 2012 5:38 PM

Need some 3 pointer tips BADLY!

I'm 5'5 and I have a lot of upper and lower body strength. I can drive really well and my free throws are pretty good. When it comes to three's though, I suck. I can't shoot them whatsoever. It always seems to fall short of the basket! A couple of my other team mates are great 3 point shooters. I'm stronger then them so why do mine fall SHORT? Is my form off? Or do the basketball gods simply not want me to shoot 3's? Any tips would be great!

• Phx Suns Expert 39 posts since
    Jul 18, 2011
    1. Mar 22, 2012 7:18 PM (in response to Rebound23)

It is none of that it is all on the thing thats going on in your mind when you shoot that three. Your nervous and afraid that your defender is going to attack you. If you are not open I suggest not shooting the three if you are not 99.9% open.Work on them alone and PLEASE remember that three pointers aren't EVERYTHING. Take an easy layup or field goal instead of trying to be the three point master!

Phoenix Suns Office

• CoachPaulR Amateur 8 posts since
    Oct 31, 2011
    3. Mar 23, 2012 6:54 AM (in response to Rebound23)

A "3" is just a long jumpshot, so treat it as that.  Work on shooting closer and gradually back out from the hoop.  Try shooting from 5 feet until you swish say 10 in a row and then back out to 10 feet and do the same.  Continue until you reach the 3-point line.  Do this from different angles not just straight on.

• BoWeezy Amateur 32 posts since
    Mar 1, 2010
    4. Apr 3, 2012 11:51 AM (in response to Rebound23)

Just Keep Practicing Your 3's. The More Practice The Better Your 3 Shot Is. Shoot With Confidence As Well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...