Skip navigation

1919 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2012 9:36 AM by JumpShot0881
Ct11 Amateur 8 posts since
Mar 16, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 19, 2012 5:27 PM

ball handling?

how do i get my ball handling better... im a pretty good scorer around the rim, and an very good shooter. I can also make good passes but i suffer at driving to the hoop sometimes because of my lack of speed, which is why i need to improve my ball handling because it is not where i can play like a pg. how can i improve my handles? willing to put in hrs wake up at 5 to play

• adanny14 Legend 590 posts since
    May 20, 2010
    1. Mar 20, 2012 8:52 AM (in response to Ct11)
    ball handling?

Try dribbling in a dark room or with your eyes shut. Also, have you ever seen those dribble glasses? If you haven't, look up dribbling glasses sometime. Their cheap, and could really be useful to you. Also, work on developing driving to the hoop with the left and right equally well. Now, trust me, this will take some time, but if you can get this down, then you could be very hard to guard 1-on-1. Hope this helps!

• CoachPaulR Amateur 8 posts since
    Oct 31, 2011
    2. Mar 23, 2012 7:03 AM (in response to adanny14)
    ball handling?

There are tons of drills on this site as well as all over the internet.  Find some that you enjoy doing making sure you develop both hands equally.  There is one that I saw but requires a partner to complete. Do various drills while playing catch with a tennis ball with your other hand.  It will obviously keep you from looking at the ball and to develop your feel.

• therence1996 Pro 65 posts since
    May 4, 2011
    3. Mar 24, 2012 3:10 PM (in response to Ct11)
    ball handling?
  • JumpShot0881 Amateur 28 posts since
    Apr 5, 2012
    4. Apr 14, 2012 9:36 AM (in response to Ct11)
    ball handling?

What I do is simple. Go in your front yard and driibble with one hand to one side of the street and the other hand to the other. ALWAYS LOOK UP. The three speeds u work up to is first you walk then ya jog then u full out run. Then try dribbling at full speed around da block. Hope it helps. Im #1 dribbler bcz uv this

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...