Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

792 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2012 8:49 AM by NHLA RSS
choochi Rookie 4 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 29, 2012 3:26 AM

Anyone running with MS ?

I used to run all the time but over the last 4 years the distance inexplicably had to get shorter and shorter. For the last year I have not attempted to run at all and then I discovered I had MS from a brain scan taken by my neurologist.. MS has made my right leg weak and my coordination bad, and then there is the heat sensitivity and all the other confusing symptoms.  Has anyone managed to cope with this and still run ?

• Susan Adele Amateur 14 posts since
    Nov 11, 2010
    1. Mar 20, 2012 1:13 PM (in response to choochi)
    Anyone running with MS ?

I do not have MS, but have a friend who does (non-runner), which is why I remembered your post.  Today, Women's Running Magazine posted on Facebook:

"Our running goddess of the day is Julie Rookard.  "I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis seven years ago," says Julie.  "At that point, I did not even own a pair of running shoes, but I read that the stronger you are going into this disease, the faster you will pull out of your exacerbations.  Fast forward 7 years, I ran my first half marathon!"

In case you hadnt seen on your own FB page, I thought there may be a way for Women's Running Magazine to put you in touch with Julie.

• NHLA Legend 353 posts since
    Feb 23, 2012
    2. Mar 26, 2012 8:49 AM (in response to choochi)
    Anyone running with MS ?

Have they put you on interferon? Take flax oil. Learn T'ai Chi or yoga. It is more important now to work on balance and strengh on your weaker side. Kavi Coral soap will help with the weird heat thing. Leave the bathroom door open when you shower. Get a small window air unit for bedroom.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points