Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

594 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 10:10 AM by BT.ROB
Pam Sheets Rookie 1 posts since
Dec 3, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 2, 2012 11:15 AM

Events & Photographers

Hi everyone.  I'm still a relatively "new" race planner, although I've been event planning for 15+ years.  We've been approached by a photographer to be an "official photographer" for our event; in years past, we've taken candid photos of the event as well as award ceremony and provided copies of those photos to our winners at no charge.  Do you find this a normal practice--to have an "official photographer"?  I'm concerned because in order to contract with him, he wants our race list; our race is part of a parks and recreation department's overall program schedule, and our policy is not to sell or give out our roster info.  Are racers accustomed to getting these types of promotions after races--"come see your race photos at xyz website!"  Your help is appreciated.

• BT.ROB Legend 271 posts since
    May 12, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 3, 2012 10:10 AM (in response to Pam Sheets)
    Events & Photographers

Pam:

Most races I've done have contracted photographers that post and sell the photos after the race. I still get offers a year after a race! A few races provide the photos for free.I have no expectation of privacy of email or other race information (name, age group, race number) when signing up for a race as long as the promoters provide the info only to race sponsors or an official photographer and don't sell the list.

BT

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...