Skip navigation

1721 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 1:09 PM by BoWeezy
superdo Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 9, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 9, 2012 1:38 PM

NEED Help Badly on Dribbling and Shooting

Hello everyone, can i please get help on dribbling and shooting? I particularly need help on dribbling without looking at the ball because i always lose the ball when i try to dribble for a while, and sometimes my opponent just knocks the ball out of my hands. I need some help on shooting because it is like i never miss one game but then the next 3 games i am just horrible with me just barely touching the rim. If I could correct these problems my future high school coach will probably make me start because he thinks I am a reliable defender. If there is any videos that would help me please tell me because i tend to do better when someone is actually talking to me and showing me correctly. Thanks in advance.

• JumpShot0881 Amateur 28 posts since
    Apr 5, 2012
    1. Apr 18, 2012 6:04 PM (in response to superdo)

Everything on Ihoops will help. Go on bing and look up how to dribble really good and same thing for shooting. Hope this helps.

P.s Can u resond to my thread by Jumpshot0881

• JeffKryger Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 25, 2012
    2. Apr 19, 2012 10:12 AM (in response to superdo)

iHoops has entire sections dedicated to Ball Handling and Shooting.

http://www.ihoops.com/practice-time/ball-handling

http://www.ihoops.com/practice-time/shooting

General Skills Section: http://www.ihoops.com/practice-time

• balla2011 Legend 285 posts since
    Feb 26, 2011
    3. Apr 19, 2012 1:05 PM (in response to superdo)

my advice for you is straight too the point bud.....

PRACTICE

just drill yourself over and over and over and over till your legs are about too fall off... lol

• NYKALLDAY Rookie 7 posts since
    Apr 19, 2012
    4. Apr 19, 2012 5:50 PM (in response to superdo)

one thing that helps me a ton on dribbling is just basically saying to myself in my head that the ball is always going to come back up to me. Before a game i suggest taking the game ball and dribbling with it a few times to get the hang of it. A way to keep your defender from stealing the ball is to not dribble in a pattern. You said you are a good defender so im asuming u know how to steal the ball well if not... If your defender is dribbling in a pattern you can start to count out the dribbles when the ball hits the floor. 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 when you get to three go in for the steal the ball will always be coming back up and you can steal it easily so try doing a power dribble more often or if u are standing at the top of the key try turning youre body a bit making the defense reach in for the steal. on shooting just dont think about it, dont try to make youre shot look like Ray Allens just shoot how you shoot no matter what people say i have a friend with a jumpshot that should be illegal its so ugly but he is a great shooter just get used to youre shot and dont change it that will make you a way more efficiant shooter and ensure that you wont have as many cold spells. hope this helped

• BoWeezy Amateur 32 posts since
    Mar 1, 2010
    5. Apr 20, 2012 1:09 PM (in response to superdo)

Best Advice For Shooting Is Shoot With Confidence, and Basically Just Put Ya Hand In The Rim When You Release The Ball. For Dribbling, Just Practice Dribbling. The More Practice The Better Your Handles Are.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points