Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

705 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 8:31 PM by SingingPilgrim RSS
Aurora4124 Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 9, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 9, 2012 5:56 PM

Other workouts while doing c25k?

I've been doing walk at home workouts 4-5 days a week for 45-60 mins and slowing down to 3, 30 minute walk/jogs a week is going to make me crazy!  I don't want to ignore the advice of the plan though and work my leg muscles too much & not be able to keep up. Any ideas what I can do on the days in between?

• FlipOverBuggie Amateur 26 posts since
    Mar 3, 2012
    1. Apr 10, 2012 3:47 PM (in response to Aurora4124)

Hello!  I've been doing couch to 5K now for 7 weeks!  I just finished W7D2 today!  In between my runs, I have been doing pilates and mainly trying to do workouts that focus on everything but my legs!  I find that if I work out my legs on my off days, I get burnt out on my runs.  I would suggest doing anything that doesn't focus your legs!    Good luck!

"To live will be an awfully big adventure"

Started Couch 2 5K February 27th

Glow Run 5K Wilmington - 3/28/12 to be completed!

OrthoWilmington 5K - 5/19/12 to be completed!

Next goal after C25K...Run the 4 mile loop at Greenfield Lake Park, Wilmington NC

• SingingPilgrim Expert 56 posts since
    Jun 12, 2011
    2. Apr 10, 2012 8:31 PM (in response to Aurora4124)

I remember a lot of people did strength training, especially for their arms.

Visit my blogs!

Health and Fitness: http://meaningfulactivity.blogspot.com/

Lifestyle blog: www.thesongsontheway.com

"No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields the fruit of peace and righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Therefore strengthen your tired hands and weakened knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated,but healed instead." -Hebrews 12:11-13

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points