Skip navigation

332 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 11:53 AM by lrichtn1 RSS
lrichtn1 Rookie 6 posts since
May 30, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 16, 2012 11:53 AM

98 catcher, outfielder, 2nd base, beginning pitcher looking for a fall team

My daughter has played softball since 6 yrs old.  She has 4 full seasons catching experience.  She has played Little League rec ball and has played some local travel ball and fall ball.  She has played on her school team on varsity because of her consistent ability to get hits and get on 1B - on varsity she usually plays outfield because there is a A team travel ball varsity catcher.  She plays as JV catcher.  She is a beginning pitcher.

We aren't looking for anything fancy - just want to keep her on the ball field this fall.  She is playing LL bal during this spring season - the local travel team had some player's split off and didn't have enough left to finish the spring/summer season.

She is currently in pitching instruction and has been pitching for over a year now.  She has pitched several LL games and a few 1/2 games in travel ball play.  She has a decent fast ball and is usually able to make her changeup.  She does not get enough pitching experience because everyone plays her as catcher but her pitching coach says she has a lot of potential if developed properly.

My husband and I both work so weeknight practices that are far from home would be hard on us - but we can usually have her anywhere she is needed on weekends.

I really am not  excited about doing too much travel outside the state or having to spend a lot of hotel stays - but a few of those during a season would be ok.  She is very mature and well behaved so once I got to know other parents I might not have a problem letting her go as long as I trusted some of the parents she was traveling with.  Would much prefer having most tournaments played being within a few hours drive of Nashville, TN if possible though.

If you have a fall team that needs a player - or if you will have tryouts for a fall team - please let us know!  If she makes a team, she can stay with them during the spring but she does play school ball and also does a winter/early spring band event called winter drumline that takes up a lot of spring weekends until the end of April so she'd probably not be available much until then for play dates.

Email lrichtn@elirihttp://community.active.com/mailto:lrichtn@eliriohttp://community.active.com/mailto:lrichtn@elirioon.net or call/txt 615-308-4585

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...