Skip navigation

3112 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2012 2:54 PM by 23AllDayEveryDay
Grabtherebound Amateur 15 posts since
Mar 22, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 8, 2012 8:56 PM

Projected Height?

Hi all,


I'm approximately 6" to 6"1, and in the 7th grade. Needless to say, I've played centre most of my life. Should I continue working on my big man skills, or will I top out as a shooting guard? Should I try and small forward skills? I asked my doctor, and she said I could end up being from 6"5 to 6"8. My mom is 5"6.5, and my dad is 6"2. Most of my family is quite tall.


Thanks for the help in advance.

  • bballisLIFE1 Expert 42 posts since
    Mar 13, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 10, 2012 4:19 AM (in response to Grabtherebound)
    Projected Height?

    70%-80% of your height is controlled  by genes. the docter projected this from genes, the other 20%-30% you can gain. i suggest you sit up in class your spine needs to be  straight. drink milk. if you do this you will probably be 6'9 or even 6'10!

    "I work on my game daily,Because I'm never satisfied,and i'm never going to be" - Tracy McGrady

  • miamiHEATBOY23 Legend 376 posts since
    May 21, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    2. Apr 10, 2012 8:36 AM (in response to Grabtherebound)
    Projected Height?

    your gonna be tall but if your gonna be 6' need to practice being a sg or small forward because if you go to the nba they will probaly put you at small forward.i am 5'8in the 7 grade. i play small forward. i also have great ball handeling just in case i have to play point guard sometimes.i do on my team. my mom is 5'6 and my dad is 6'3. my uncle is 6' docter i could grow up to 6'7.

    Great players are great leaders.Miamiheatboy

  • JumpShot0881 Amateur 28 posts since
    Apr 5, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    3. Apr 16, 2012 8:19 PM (in response to Grabtherebound)
    Projected Height?

    Be healthy and enjoy being tallish.

  • 23AllDayEveryDay Pro 155 posts since
    Aug 1, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    4. Apr 17, 2012 2:54 PM (in response to Grabtherebound)
    Projected Height?

    Work like hec on your skills to play shooting guard or small forward. You can never be a good enough ball handler and shooter and having guard skills saves you no matter what happens with your height. If you stop short at like 6'2 or 6'3 than you can play PG with the skills you have. If you grow to 6'7 or 6'9 you can be like a lebron or durant with the skills. And hec if you make it to 6'10 and up, with those skills, you will be dominant like a Dirk or Larry Bird

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...


  • Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points