Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1211 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 1:39 PM by JulieAnnRD RSS
JulieAnnRD Amateur 15 posts since
Apr 12, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 17, 2012 6:04 AM

Been diagnosed with cavus foot (high arches) and have been told my running may be over! Anyone out there have any assistance to keep me on the road?

I have had nothing but problems since last August with my feet. It started with plantar faschitis and now I have been told I have this high arch issue which is causing more issues.  I had a gait analysis and was put in different shoes which has helped. I stretch on an incline board and that has helped the faschitis.  The doctor told me that his wife had the same problem. She got a mini-bunion under her little toe like I have, and ended up having surgery and he told me "she doesn't run anymore."  I have been really down in the dumps since hearing this.  Any advice out 

there that will keep me running?   I have read so much conflicting advice and articles that I'm confused.  Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...