Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

24858 Views 182 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2012 9:25 PM by SingingPilgrim RSS Go to original post 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Previous Next
  • jenny99779 Rookie 6 posts since
    Aug 8, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    90. Apr 21, 2012 2:06 PM (in response to amyontherun)
    Starting in April!

Love your last sentence....today I am a runner because I decided to run...LOVE IT!!!  (And I hope to be a runner tomorrow, because I will decide to run tomorrow, too)

Canadian Jen

• Jennarena Rookie 7 posts since
    Apr 12, 2012
    91. Apr 21, 2012 9:24 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

I love the last sentence too! AWESOME! I am getting ready to do my very first 5K tomorrow. EEEEK! So excited and scared all at the same time.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Jennarena

• irulan Amateur 23 posts since
    Apr 9, 2012
    93. Apr 22, 2012 7:49 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Welcome to all the new folk, and congratulations everyone on your achievements so far! I got W4D1 done today... I managed to do it all without taking any breaks/rests, but I had to significantly decrease my pace.  I would rather slow down than stop entirely!

I've noticed that my metabolism is totally ramped up... I'm ravenous! Anyone else experiencing this?

«« irulan »»

...let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. -- Hon. Jack Layton

C25K Start Date: April 1st, 2012

Next Race: Toronto Women's 5K - May 27th, 2012

• Jennarena Rookie 7 posts since
    Apr 12, 2012
    94. Apr 22, 2012 8:15 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Thank you!! It was great!

I am also ravenous. I'm guessing it's a side effect of running.

Jenn

4/22/12: Angel 5k Fun Run 58:32

• jenny99779 Rookie 6 posts since
    Aug 8, 2010
    95. Apr 23, 2012 3:13 AM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Week 2, day 1 - I didn't think I'd be able to do the 90 second run, but I did it!  Great way to start the week!

Canadian Jen

• Mamatotwoboys Rookie 5 posts since
    Apr 13, 2012
    96. Apr 23, 2012 9:30 AM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Last week ended up being a no-workout week. Between my youngest son having an ear infection, sleeping horribly, having a bunch of appointments and my mom visiting, there are no time/motivation in me.

But today I went to the gym and did week 3 day 1. I was able to pick up where I left off. I struggled in the middle of the final jog interval so I just looked away from the time and next time I glanced down I just had a few seconds left.

My weight is down a bit. Having company, I think I ate less than when I am home alone with my kids. But this is weight that I had lost a month or so ago and then regained. Hopefully this time it will stay off.

• SRB2012 Amateur 20 posts since
    Apr 9, 2012
    97. Apr 23, 2012 1:29 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Week 3 Day 1 done.  It was harder than I'd anticipated, but I did it.  My knees hurt that first 90 second jog, but by the 3 minute they were ok. Whew!  Glad it's done and I know what to expect the next two times out.

• lblanken Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 16, 2012
    98. Apr 23, 2012 2:17 PM (in response to jenny99779)
    Starting in April!

Jen, I'm at Week 2, Day 1 also.  I, too, was worried about the increased amount of running, but I was fine. The weather here is atrocious, which makes it harder to get motivated.  But the rain held off at least.  Just cold!

• xbritnex Amateur 12 posts since
    Apr 13, 2012
    99. Apr 23, 2012 2:48 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

This week was not a good week for me. I am on week 2. The runs werent hard for me i was a little more out of breath than i was the first week, but it wasnt bad. I just wasn't motivated at all to run this week. I was supposed to run tues thurs and sat. I ran on tues then had no motivation on thurs so I ran on fri. and i think taking those 2 days off made it harder on my joints also it was like 20 mph winds. My whole run back on fri was against the wind. So because I ran on fri I was going to do my last run on sun which I didn't end up running. I was going to run the 3rd run today, but I just havent had the motivation. The weather here is just horrible. I want to run in the morning, but its just too cold like in the 40's or colder. It hasnt gotten higher than 55 in the past week and we have had horrible winds. So even if i wait until the middle of the day when the temp is the highest there are still 25 mph winds. Today some of the winds have gotten to 35 mph. I am not running in that. So i just figure i am going to redo week 2 starting tomorrow, hopefully the wind dies down i dont think it is supposed to though. I refuse to run on a treadmill also. Anyone have any advice to help with my motivation when the weather is bad and also getting up to run in the morning.

• JennyMac81 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 23, 2012
    100. Apr 23, 2012 6:20 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Hi everyone!!!! My hubby and I are both starting tomorrow!!! I am so so excited!! I am so happy for all of you guys too!! This is the first step!!!

Can't wait to keep hearing all about your progress!!

Jenn

• lily_lily Rookie 6 posts since
    Apr 9, 2012
    101. Apr 23, 2012 7:07 PM (in response to JennyMac81)
    Starting in April!

I finished W2D1 today. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I think my body is finally getting used to all the movement. I don't feel as achey anymore after runs. I do still get shin splints and have not found a way to prevent them. However, I only get them on my right leg.  I also think I found a good pace.

• rixon1 Expert 58 posts since
    Feb 9, 2012
    103. Apr 24, 2012 1:15 AM (in response to jenny99779)
    Starting in April!

running is good for health keep running ,if you want a sound health.

• Latashababygirl Amateur 15 posts since
    Apr 9, 2012
    104. Apr 24, 2012 9:06 AM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

I completed week 3 day 1 today, boy was I surprised when I saw 3 minutes on the timer for the jogging. I was more out of breath this time but after I COMPLETED it I screamed in happiness that I Did it. I am loving this program, even the hard parts.

C25K-Week 1 Completed

C25K-We ek 2 Completed

C25K-Week 3 Completed

C25K-Week 4 Completed

C25K-Week 5

C25K-Week 6

C25K-Week 7

C25K-Week 8

C25K-Week 9

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...