Skip navigation

994 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 1:01 PM by QtownRunr RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 11, 2012 7:59 AM

5K Run for Clean Air 2012 Reviews

Share your experiences with the 5K Run for Clean Air 2012 below Back to event details page.

• Ballinger A/E Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 27, 2012
    1. Apr 11, 2012 7:59 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 5K Run for Clean Air 2012 Reviews

The event is good I guess - hasn't happened yet but this web site sucks !  Very difficult to get around - get people registered ! ! !

• rcheetham Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 9, 2012
    2. Apr 22, 2012 11:03 AM (in response to Guest )

The event was extremely well organized. My only suggestion would be to perhaps give the refreshments tent more space as it was tough to queue up after the race.

• melletl Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 1, 2010
    3. Apr 22, 2012 11:43 AM (in response to Guest )

it was a terrific event.  well organized with great prizes

• TXGCChallengers Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 2, 2009
    4. Apr 22, 2012 7:48 PM (in response to Guest )

Really enjoyed this event. The race was great, nice flat course with great prizes. Few suggestions for next year that would benefit people running competitively. First, need to get the timing chip right. The results were slow. This was corrected for, but times were still slow by 2 seconds. My whole team kept track of their times on their watch, and it was pretty consistent that the revised results were still 2 seconds slow. As for the course, there needs to be more volunteers separating the runners going out vs. the runners running back home. So many times I almost collided with someone running the opposite direction. This also made the distance on the way back much longer, as I had to hug the far curb to avoid running into people. Kids participating in the race is great, but parents need to make sure they don't get into people's way.

• paz9 Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 21, 2008
    5. Apr 23, 2012 5:41 AM (in response to Guest )

The yoga warmup has been MUCH better in preceding years.  This one was calisthenics not yoga!

The online access was the best I've seen so far, still has some quirks.  Ability to edit team info, for example.

I agree with others comments of the timing.  There were at least 2 different times and no explanation.

• O2BNAKA Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 22, 2010
    6. Apr 23, 2012 6:21 AM (in response to Guest )

Overall, it was ok - First time I ran this one per recommendation of my triathlon dentist..said it was cool. Things I loved - text results..really fast! Great bag w/ usable goodies and tee-shirt! Loved the start line music...really made for a hype start   Issues - Poor directional signage by museum. We asked people w/ bibs where to go..and later as we had our bibs and walked back to car to leave run bags, other people asked us same question.. Also, for the cost of registration you should at least be able to spring for (4) safety pins! They gave us (2) and when asked for more they gave us each (1)...said they were running short! Seriously?? Run to the Dollar Store and grab a box! Luckily, we run often and had extra in car. Do better or in the nameof recycle, encourage runners to bring their own pins next year!!! I didn't see the clock as you crossed the finish so you didn't know what your time was unless you had your own timing device - That sucked...

Next year, it would be cool if you had a bag check tent - That's a big deal to many runners -not everyone drives and/or can leave their contents in the car..I don't like to run w/ phone or run bag if I didn't have a chance to pick up bag pre-race day.

• Temwa Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 29, 2012
    7. Apr 23, 2012 7:43 AM (in response to Guest )

It was great. First time for my organization to be involved and our entire team had a fabulous time. We would like to make it an annual event for our organization. Great give-aways.

• Nick Vanore Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 28, 2012
    8. Apr 23, 2012 8:57 AM (in response to Guest )

I thought the event was very well put together. My only complaint is that the course was not clearly marked. I remember seeing a small 1 mile marker, but aside from that I did not see a 2nd and 3rd.  This threw my pace off and was quite annoying.

• lb57 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 23, 2012
    9. Apr 23, 2012 10:06 AM (in response to Guest )

The event was fine. I liked all the eco extras. The race and course were fine. I have a few suggestions for improvements.

- have water available before the race.

- spread out the results posted on the bus so more people can look.

- put more volunteers near the recycle cans so we get our waste in the right containers.

- give out organic cotton T or singlet.

• tinamarie3133 Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 9, 2012
    10. Apr 23, 2012 12:52 PM (in response to Guest )

This race was ok.  It was organized well.  The only mile marker was the first one and then I suppose the dead-end at the turnaround point. 

• QtownRunr Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 23, 2012
    11. Apr 23, 2012 1:01 PM (in response to Guest )

Overall we had a great time at the event.  For some reason the bibs had to be worn width-wise instead of length-wise.  I think this had to be a last-minute finding because there was no mention of this at packet pick-up.  In any case, it was a little odd to find this out moments before the start of the race.  Also if you didn't turn your bib you wouldn't get a race time.  Mile 2 was not marked or if it was it was not evident.  It was a plus to have a text of the results sent so quickly.  It was also nice to get the offer for the free movie showing at the Franklin Institute.  Vita Coco was great after the race was over.  We would definitely do the race again. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...