Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

698 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 5:55 AM by Snerb RSS
txcindy73 Amateur 10 posts since
Apr 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 23, 2012 10:23 AM

The Shred vs. Ripped in 30?

I am looking to add in a workout video along with my C25K running.....would you guys recommend The Shred or Ripped in 30?  I hear great things about both.  Obviously I'd LOVE to see the scales go down with either of these workouts, but will gladly settle for inches lost instead!  Let me know what you think - purchasing one or the other today!  Can't wait to get started! 

Begin weight: 181 (01/01/2012)

Current weight: 163.2

Goal weight: 155

C25K start: 03/25/2012

Cystic Fibrosis Walk Scheduled 09/22/2012 ~ Three Rivers, Texas

• mbutlerfitness Rookie 5 posts since
    Apr 23, 2012
    1. Apr 23, 2012 1:25 PM (in response to txcindy73)

It all depends on what your looking to do with the workout program.  I did a lot of the beachbody ones like P90X and Insanity and had huge success with weight loss and performance.  I used to hate running but after that I run 5 miles every other day and I'm addicted to obstacle course runs.  I know a guy that did the Ripped DVDs and he said he liked it.

• Snerb Pro 140 posts since
    Jan 27, 2011
    2. Apr 23, 2012 1:42 PM (in response to txcindy73)

I don't have any experience with The Shred or Ripped in 30, but I do have experience with P90X.  I found it tough to do P90X and continue to run on my self imposed schedule.  I stripped out parts of P90X that I thought would help me most and didn't do some of the other workouts, doing that I was still able to run on my schedule and see some of the benefit of the P90X workouts.

Don't know if that helps you or not.....

Cheers!!!

PR's

5k - 24:26

5k Trail - 24:57

5 Mile - 39:52

10k - 51:19

10k Trail - 53:15

• mbutlerfitness Rookie 5 posts since
    Apr 23, 2012
    3. Apr 23, 2012 1:47 PM (in response to Snerb)

Hey Snerb

Have you seen that they have a P90X/Running Hybrid some of the days of working out are cut out and replaced with runs instead of the constant P90X schedule.  She planned on starting that today but decided to go with Insanity just because it's proven to have faster results plus Shaun T isn't as chatty as Tony Horton.  I love both of their workouts but Shaun T kicks your *** into shape.  It helped improve my 2 mile run for my army physical fitness test.  I shaved off a whole minute. 

• Snerb Pro 140 posts since
    Jan 27, 2011
    4. Apr 24, 2012 5:55 AM (in response to mbutlerfitness)

mbutlerfitness wrote:

Hey Snerb

Have you seen that they have a P90X/Running Hybrid some of the days of working out are cut out and replaced with runs instead of the constant P90X schedule.  She planned on starting that today but decided to go with Insanity just because it's proven to have faster results plus Shaun T isn't as chatty as Tony Horton.  I love both of their workouts but Shaun T kicks your *** into shape.  It helped improve my 2 mile run for my army physical fitness test.  I shaved off a whole minute. 

Thanks.  After I read this I looked it up on Beachbody's website.  It's really funny, I was doing close to the exact same thing they've outlined.  LOL 

I've been away from P90X for a little while now, but I still do some of the Core and Ab workouts before I do my post run stretch.

Cheers!!!

PR's

5k - 24:26

5k Trail - 24:57

5 Mile - 39:52

10k - 51:19

10k Trail - 53:15

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...