Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2278 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2012 3:53 PM by alohadreamer
alohadreamer Amateur 35 posts since
Jan 1, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 24, 2012 3:32 PM

Sloooowwww runner getting (more)anxiety over  HM cutoff time!

Hi ! I admit I am slow. I have accepted that fact, at least for now. I confess I am running 11-11:30 min miles(i know;-cringing..but for now this is where I am at!) I did run 11 miles on my best day, and some 10's and 9's but honestly I feel like I will be crawling on the 13th!!!.On hotter days I basically DIE and am even slower. I have felt SO discouraged(another topic) that I have contemplated not running this Weekend's 1/2 that I have tried to train for.(but I am cheap and I paid so I am probably going) Despite my best efforts, I have that feeling of a test I have not studied for, as my last few weeks of runs have STUNK!... but going for it anyway.Yesterday I was shocked to notice that all must finish in3 hours!!! Now I know this is a breeze for most, or at least many..but there must be some slow runners out there??? I know I am not that slow(13  something min/miles) but pretty close to it!!! If I have a bad day I am toast. Doesn't that cutoff seem a little harsh? or is that standard??? Maybe I am naive.. Just curious. Thanks.(i used to run 10 min miles and I thought that was bad.. now THOSE WERE THE DAYS! )

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points