Skip navigation

2048 Views 21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 9:12 AM by DaveMichael35 RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • slm54321 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 21, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Apr 23, 2012 6:48 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Lake Anna Century classic Reviews

The course was really nice and well marked, however the logistics were terrible. The packet pick-up was poorly organized and they ran out of cue sheets. While the support stops had water when I went through, they were out of water and food when others went through. There was no support after mile 40, as no one had set up at the designated stops. Fortunately there was a store at mile 74.

• NPW5K Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 12, 2008
    16. Apr 23, 2012 9:26 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first century and I thought it was great! True there were a few logistical issues, but for anyone who has planned such a large event, you know not everything will turn out perfectly. I enjoyed the ride, the stops, and the lunch afterwards. Looking forward to next year's ride already.

• Tato21067 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    17. Apr 23, 2012 3:15 PM (in response to Guest )

Overall, it was okay considering the odds that the organizers experienced. Won't mind doing it again next year. 1 thing that annoyed me was one of the motorist bullied me somewhere in Beaverdam. It would have been nice if we have law enforcers on those main roads so these road bullies won't have the chance to do what they do best.

• DiveCat Rookie 3 posts since
    Feb 9, 2008
    18. Apr 23, 2012 3:21 PM (in response to Guest )

Really enjoyed the event -- great route, great cause, great volunteers, and great BBQ lunch! Best road signage of any cycling event I have ever participated in. Didn't even need the cue sheet! It is my understanding that there was a water shortage for some -- reminder to fellow cyclists, please pre-register so that event planners can plan. Will do this event in the future when my schedule allows. Thanks!

• psl14 Amateur 8 posts since
    Mar 13, 2009
    19. Apr 23, 2012 5:26 PM (in response to Guest )

Great event!  True, there were some hiccups, but it was their first year!  I really hope they will continue this next year - I want to do it again!  Extremely well marked course, friendly people, great food at the end, and beautiful scenery.  I really loved it and I want to return!

• Travelinthru Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 24, 2012
    20. Apr 24, 2012 4:16 AM (in response to Guest )

I thought it was a great early season ride. Support was lacking at the last two rest stops and there could have been more bananas but I did enjoy the ride. I think this could become a great ride as the organizers learn from this event and plan their next century. So even with the rest stop problems I would enter this ride again next year.

Hats off to the young men that put it together. I spoke to one of them and he was open to my suggestions and I enjoyed his remarks on how they put it all together.

• DaveMichael35 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 10, 2011
    21. Apr 25, 2012 9:12 AM (in response to Guest )

The day was a beautiful day, the 60 mile route was a decent route.  It was very well marked.  This was a good first long ride of the season, not any real tough hills and the scenery was great.  For a FIRST run Century for this team, they did a remarkable jobgood job to the 15 year old with the insight to do something like this.  We need leaders like you.  In the future, don't ask the local law enforcement for helptell them you need them to help you for this event--which is for THEM.  Good job.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...