Skip navigation

653 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2012 7:44 PM by Ken Pepper RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 29, 2012 1:05 PM

Gold Coast Ride For Literacy - 2012 Reviews

Share your experiences with the Gold Coast Ride For Literacy - 2012 below Back to event details page.

• MichaelWLouis Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 18, 2011
    1. Apr 29, 2012 1:05 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Gold Coast Ride For Literacy - 2012 Reviews

The 100 mile route was beautiful.  There were lots of wildflowers in bloom going up Wheeler Gorge to keep your mind off the continuous climbing.  The long downhill was a great respite.  The coastal return had a nice tailwind.  All the people at the rest stops were friendly; I liked having pavement signage after you made a turn to let you know you're on the right route.  I would definitely do this ride again.

• tdaniels Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 6, 2008
    2. Apr 29, 2012 9:53 PM (in response to Guest )

The 100-mile route was both challenging and gorgeous.  The climb up to Rose Valley is a worthy test for most riders' endurance, and the descent is just as rewarding.  The rest stops were well appointed and the staff were friendly.  In short, this is a ride that deserves to grow.

• kissman Rookie 5 posts since
    Dec 5, 2007
    3. Apr 30, 2012 8:53 AM (in response to Guest )

It was my first time riding in this event.  The 34 mile route was beautiful.  Just wanted to enjoy a nice leisurely ride and I got it.  Nice scenery going up toward Ojai.  This event is small in participation but that made it nice otherwise the bike trails would have been overcrowed as it was an up and back along Hwy 33.  The general public also use's the path for walking and riding too.

• MaryBethBryan Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 29, 2011
    4. Apr 30, 2012 9:18 AM (in response to Guest )

One of the best and most scenic metric century rides I have done. Nice route, well marked, good support, nice range of goodies at the rest stops, and very clean Porta Podies w/hand washing stations. I would definitely do it again next year. Thank you!

• Scuba66 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 3, 2012
    5. May 7, 2012 7:47 PM (in response to Guest )

The 34 mile route was a well planed route, and used bike trails for a large portion of the route.  I liked not being on roads with cars for a majority of the ride.  A fairly flate ride for the casual rider.

• Ken Pepper Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 9, 2009
    6. May 28, 2012 7:44 PM (in response to Guest )

Great event, but I did not receive my jersey which was paid for in advance. I still have not heard from the organizers regarding this situation. I would like a refund.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...