Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

709 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2012 3:44 AM by RunnergirlATL131
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 27, 2012 3:32 AM

Cinco De Run-O Reviews

Share your experiences with the Cinco De Run-O below Back to event details page.

• lstarr3 Amateur 28 posts since
    Feb 23, 2009
    1. Jan 27, 2012 3:32 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Cinco De Run-O Reviews

8th annual event with a new theme...lookout Dawsonville, this one is going to be fun:)

L. Starr
  • runningisgoodforme Amateur 10 posts since
    Jul 20, 2010
    2. May 5, 2012 3:47 PM (in response to Guest )

This race was very, very well organized.  The route was very well marked with mileage markers and friendly volunteers helping with directions throughout.  Beautiful, flat run for a 10k with plenty of water stops.  Nice refreshments - the shaved ice was very refreshing on a warm morning.  I'll see you guys next year!  Thanks.

• Smittiegee19 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 5, 2012
    3. May 5, 2012 7:20 PM (in response to Guest )

Very good event. Well put on. Friendly volunteers! It was my 1st 10K and look forward to running many more put on by 5 star!

• HeatherWebb7 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 5, 2012
    4. May 6, 2012 12:15 PM (in response to Guest )

This is one of the better small-town 5ks I have participated in.  The course was very well marked, and had several volunteers ensuring that all the participants knew where to go.  One word for future runners...the "rolling hills" throughout the course may be a little more than "rolling" if you have not been training on hills already.  Overall a great event and will run it again!

• RunnergirlATL131 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 7, 2012
    5. May 7, 2012 3:44 AM (in response to Guest )

Very well organized with great volunteers! Course as described. 10ks are my least favorite event, but I will definitely be back next year. The only thing I would suggest is to have a longer post finish line chute to allow better cool down before volunteers stop you to tear off bib info. This took too long and no water right there, but otherwise it was perfect!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...