Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1158 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2012 6:39 AM by SergeStorms RSS
gingerb15 Rookie 4 posts since
Apr 12, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 6, 2012 8:33 AM

Tracking your runs

Hello All,

I'm looking for some assistance with a way to track my runs.  I was using runkeeper with my phone, but it started not reading pace or mileage close to what I was doing or it would just stop and I wouldn't know it.  I recently got a Garmin Forerunner 110 with gps, but am not wild about it.  Some other runner friends use the Nike+.  Any reviews or suggestions for what you use and would recommend? I appreciate any feedback!!! Thanks!

~Brianna

• SergeStorms Amateur 14 posts since
    Aug 5, 2011
    1. May 6, 2012 9:39 AM (in response to gingerb15)
    Tracking your runs

What's wrong with the Garmin?  I have a 405 and LOVE it!  Have you synced it with Garmin Connect on-line?

The more I use mine, the more I like it.

• offmycouch Pro 70 posts since
    Jun 22, 2011
    2. May 8, 2012 10:13 AM (in response to gingerb15)
    Tracking your runs

Hi Brianna.  I am looking to invest in a Garmin Forerunner to track my runs.  I was originally going to go for the Garmin Forerunner 110 but I have read that it doesn't track 'current pace' which is one of the bells and whistles that I would like to have.  I read that the Garmin FR 210 has that.  I am very tempted to purchase it.

What don't you like about the 110?

Serge:  What do you like about the 405? 

Kris

• ydiez Pro 113 posts since
    Nov 7, 2011
    3. May 8, 2012 11:46 PM (in response to gingerb15)
    Tracking your runs

I use a garmin forerunner 405 and am really happy with it. It provides current pace, total time, heart rate and is quite easy to use. The only thing that took me some getting used to was the touch bezel, but after a couple of days I could control it perfectly and lock it whenever necessary.

Current PB:

5k: 20:12 (December 31st 2012)

10k : 42:30 (March 9th 2014)

Half Marathon: 1:35:27 (February 3rd 2013)

I like half marathons! Nine completed so far and on PB shape. One to go!. Then it's marathon time.

• SergeStorms Amateur 14 posts since
    Aug 5, 2011
    6. May 11, 2012 6:39 AM (in response to offmycouch)
    Tracking your runs

Most of what I like comes with the Garmin Connect aspect.  There is SO much info from every run broken down on the site.  It also is a great record keeper....sometimes when a run feels "less than good"....you see that somehow you made progress in some way....a fast mile, an overall better pace.

I have also started to program intervals on it....took me a few tries to get it right, but it's GREAT!  No "watch watching"....it will beep when its time to speed up or slow down.

Once you get used to wearing it....you wont want to run without it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points