Skip navigation

4108 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2012 11:25 PM by Phenom70 RSS
gtdolorz Rookie 4 posts since
Mar 17, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 17, 2012 4:45 PM

Feedback on my shooting form?

Hey guys. Coming back from my 1st year playing ball for my high school, I wanted to take this off -season to practice a lot of my weaknesses. I wanted to work on mmy shooting and changed my form to one much better suiting for me. Please give feedback and I don't mind hard criticism!

15 ft. range: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqig25n2uvo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKq0FdNJZdc

20 ft. range: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZRH6QCbesU

• Phx Suns Expert 39 posts since
    Jul 18, 2011
    1. Mar 17, 2012 5:31 PM (in response to gtdolorz)

Changing your shooting position is great! You always want to make sure your 100% confortable with the shooting position though. I have seen many people TRY to change their shooting position but it always fails to help them and their better off with the same position they had in the first place. If you are afraid your shooting postion is strange looking, don't worry because as long as it helps you make better shots its always GREAT!

Phx Sun

• MizzouTigersFan Amateur 12 posts since
    Mar 16, 2012
    2. Mar 18, 2012 4:18 PM (in response to Phx Suns)

yes do what he said you should do great playing high school basketball! i had the same problem when i was a freshman and i basiclly did the same thing phx suns told you to do and it payed off and my shot is great now! Keep up the good work!!

• adanny14 Legend 590 posts since
    May 20, 2010
    3. Mar 19, 2012 7:50 AM (in response to gtdolorz)

Well, it's kinda hard to tell. It would be easier for me to tell if you shot game speed. It looks pretty good, however your feet tend to come together a little far. If you can finish your shot with your feet shoulder-width apart, then that might improve your game. You seem to have a pretty good shot. I could give you more pointers if you would be willing to do another video with you shooting at a more game-like speed. Let me know if this helps. Thanks!

• babatunde11 Pro 94 posts since
    Jan 10, 2012
    6. May 4, 2012 4:30 PM (in response to gtdolorz)

I shoot my Free Throws one handed.............. My team lets me do it! I don't want to change at all but I think if I make it far with basketball I will. Is it allowed in the NBA or FIBA? BTW: I make about 90% of them..

• 4quartertraining Rookie 6 posts since
    May 11, 2012
    7. May 11, 2012 8:45 AM (in response to babatunde11)

Your shot isn't too bad at all. 3 things I noticed right away.

1) It's a little slow, especially off the dribble. It almost seems as you are lining it up every time like throwing a dart.

2) At times your feet are too close, and they don't always face the basket.

3) On the first video when I paused the video, it doesn't look like you're cocking the wrist on your shot. It looks like it hits about 30 degrees.

3 cues to remember:

Up and Out

Snap the elbow

Middle to Middle

• WillJSpencer10 Rookie 6 posts since
    May 24, 2012
    8. May 24, 2012 5:49 PM (in response to babatunde11)

??????????????????????????????????

What? What do you mean shooting one handed isn't allowed on your team? WTF? LOL

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    9. May 26, 2012 11:25 PM (in response to gtdolorz)

Your form is good . You were making your shots, and that's a plus . Just do what is comfortable. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That applies here . But, work on your speed to get your shot off quicker. It is kind of slow , but since it is above your head it looks like it'll be hard to block for some players.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...