Skip navigation

3143 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 7:31 AM by pickster RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • beowulf37 Legend 219 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. May 14, 2012 12:50 PM (in response to Mike_CVUA)
    Weird play, LL Juniors

I fail to see the difference between sliding into a fair batted ball and being hit by a fair batted ball.  Would you argue that a runner sliding into second who is hit by a batted ball hits the ball or is hit by the ball?  It's a distiction without a difference, really.  The references are quite clear as to what rules and interpretations are being applied.  A runner CANNOT interfere with a fair batted ball prior to reaching a fielder. Further, the BRD interpretation cites the reason for taking the run off the board (5.06). 

As for the "existential" double play, in OBR the runner has to intentionally interfere with the fielder, although I'm not sure Kierkegaard would grasp the concept. 

You seem to be more inclined to accept the FED interpretation, which I would be more than willing to apply in a FED game.  That's fair.

As for the Poland/Massengil reference, I'm not going there. 

• jessietaylor00 Expert 50 posts since
    May 15, 2012
    17. May 15, 2012 11:04 PM (in response to BlueBeak)
    Weird play, LL Juniors

i love baseball

• pickster Rookie 4 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    18. May 16, 2012 7:31 AM (in response to beowulf37)
    Weird play, LL Juniors

My .02

I think the difference is that in that the runner sliding into 2b is still classified as a runner,

and in the OP the scored runner is no longer classified as a runner.

As mike has already stated this may not matter as far as the PBUC is concerned.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...