Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

710 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 1, 2012 9:53 PM by RunGoddessBA
AAAJS Amateur 8 posts since
Jun 8, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 18, 2012 4:56 PM

Knee brace?

I also posted this in 'The Med Tent' forum because I wasnt sure where it should go:

Can anyone suggest a good knee brace that I can use while running? I'm 46 years old and I have self-diagnosed osteoarthritis. I think the arthroscopic surgery I had a few years back for a torn meniscus along with many years of basketball and soccer have really weakened my left knee's connective tissue. I'm now finding that any increase in mileage is really being felt in my knee. I've been doing strengthening exercises for my quads and hams along with taking glucosamine but I'd like a little extra help in the form of a knee brace that I can use while running. I'd like something that is available over the counter. I've read some stuff about 'unloader braces' but I'm not sure if you can use them while running.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

Thx

Adam

• RunGoddessBA Amateur 24 posts since
    Dec 8, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 1, 2012 9:53 PM (in response to AAAJS)
    Knee brace?

I used to wear a brace/cuff called Chopat which worked well for me. You may want to check it out to see if it will offer the support you are looking for. Pro-Tec also carries some models you may want to check out, http://www.pro-tecathletics.com/.

RunGoddess developer of the finest temporary tattoos for runners and triathletes. Free shipping to Canada and the US on orders $13.00 or greater.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...