Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1826 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2012 9:10 AM by BigSlade RSS
ten5sixty Rookie 2 posts since
May 20, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 20, 2012 3:08 AM

Weight gain and running

Ok, so seem all the threads i read are about weight loss and running. My problem is If i start a running program my weight drops too much. Im 6' 200lb (gets into the 190's when running) I've tried weight gainer but it doesn't seem to help. My curent fix is to eat a couple top ramen and a shake after my run. Any other ideas?

• ultimatehlth Pro 118 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009
    2. Aug 3, 2012 10:58 AM (in response to ten5sixty)
    Weight gain and running

Increase your protein and carb intake particularly in your post workout meal. During the 1 hour window after exercise you should have a 4/1 carbs to protein ratio and very little fat. Add resistance training to your program.

Best,

Personal Trainer Hollywood - Burbank

• BigSlade Amateur 36 posts since
    May 4, 2012
    3. Aug 15, 2012 9:10 AM (in response to ultimatehlth)
    Weight gain and running

As with any exercise program, unless you are specifically trying to lose weight, you will have to increase you caloric intake to maintain a balance.  Also, if you are not taking enough in, it will hamper your progress.  I know when I'm in a high training phase I'll expend in excess of 1000 calories a day just in my work out so I tend to eat a lot more than normal.  Just make sure you are eating the right things and you shouldn't have a problem maintaining your ideal weight.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...