Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

19699 Views 109 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2012 2:17 PM by KHT2012 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Previous Next
  • Centari Amateur 12 posts since
    May 6, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. May 21, 2012 7:15 AM (in response to maelynn c)
    C25K - Started in May

Hi everyone!

I had to take 5 days off because I hurt my knee when I finished W2D3.  This morning I completed W3D1, it was at a slow pace but I completed it without any pain in my knee.

Looking forward to W3D2

Cheers

Hanford

• saints72903 Amateur 8 posts since
    May 14, 2012
    16. May 21, 2012 7:17 AM (in response to maelynn c)
    C25K - Started in May

I started May 14th. I am starting week 2 today.

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished finished. 'There is a lot of satisfaction in that."

-Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder

• Advres Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 29, 2012
    17. May 21, 2012 2:06 PM (in response to maelynn c)
    Re: C25K - Started in May

Well I techinically started on April 29th but close enough right

Just did day 1 week 4 last night and it felt alright.  I've been running Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.  If you told me a month ago I would be looking forward to my runs after work I would have laghed in your face.  Haha!

I just finally got good shoes and what a difference it makes!

• vjhappy Rookie 60 posts since
    Mar 17, 2007
    18. May 22, 2012 11:20 PM (in response to maelynn c)
    C25K - Started in May

Completed W2 D1 at a lake in my area.  Didn't warm up long enough and my shins were killing me from the change of surface (had been running on high school tracks).  I completed it, but I hope my shins are too bad for the next run.

Keep up the good work everyone!

• Ken R Amateur 13 posts since
    Aug 4, 2008
    19. May 23, 2012 7:06 AM (in response to maelynn c)
    C25K - Started in May

Good job to all who are going from couch to 5k!  If you want some supplemental free training check out this site on form and skill. What you can learn there is how to run those workouts that you're getting from your training plan.  Good luck to all!

Coach Ken

http://transformyourrunning.com

Have fun and get it done!

Coach Ken

Visit Running Coach Ken at 5 Speed Running

1 Question Runners' Survey

Free Running Training Handbook

• KimMoore19 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 14, 2012
    22. May 23, 2012 10:05 AM (in response to maelynn c)
    C25K - Started in May

I started back in April and am on Wk6 Day 3.  The transition times during this week have me concerned.  Going from running two 10 minutes sessions to a full 22 minutes seems a bit much.  I struggle with my mind convincing me I can't do it.  Anyone else struggling mentally?  I am 45 and only now taking up running.  I refuse to give up though.

• NimbleUakari Rookie 3 posts since
    May 19, 2012
    23. May 23, 2012 11:16 AM (in response to Opanka)
    C25K - Started in May

I'm having trouble finding the best way to time intervals.  I started out using the Runkeeper app, which is great for measuring the distance I'm running (since I'm focusing on time intervals), but I can't find a way to create any "custom" intervals.  Next I tried an app called Seconds, which does allow me to set custom intervals easily, but doesn't allow me to save the program I create, so I have to re-create it each time.

For those that are using the podcasts, how do you like it? 

• Samfish Rookie 3 posts since
    May 23, 2012
    24. May 23, 2012 12:40 PM (in response to maelynn c)
    C25K - Started in May

Hello all,

I'm on week 2 run 2 and I seem to actually be committed to doing this. I had W2R1 yesterday, which was a crazy hectic day but I still actually made a point of going for a run instead of putting it off which is big deal for me.

Regarding the podcasts, I'm using the one that just tells me when to run and when to walk. ONly vocal cues. It's nice I don't really like music when I'm trying to work out outside, it detracts from what I'm doing and make me less likely to pay attention to my suroundings (car, bikes, etc. ).

• AmySavage0 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 25, 2012
    25. May 23, 2012 2:46 PM (in response to maelynn c)
    C25K - Started in May

I am on W4D1. Just did it yesterday. I was really uncertain I would get through the 5 minute runs, but I did it! When I started out on my trek to running, I had to keep stopping because of majorly bad shin splints. I learned to run slower in order to condition my body to the activity before adding any speed. I wear compression sleeves on my shins/calves, and I got fitted for good running shoes. Now, no pain! Just the stiffness after a run that says I DID IT!

• loserbear Rookie 1 posts since
    May 23, 2012
    26. May 23, 2012 7:45 PM (in response to maelynn c)
    C25K - Started in May

I started on May 18th. I have done 3 days, but it took me those 3 tries to complete "week 1 day 1". (The first two days I just couldnt run all of it, so I walked the second half) I'm going to start week 1 over and hope that i have the endurance now

• AmySavage0 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 25, 2012
    28. May 24, 2012 9:04 AM (in response to maelynn c)
    C25K - Started in May

I started out attempting to time myself. It kinda worked. But then a friend told me about the podcasts. So, now I use those. I like not having to be responsible for keeping track. (It is hard enough to just keep myself breathing!) However, I don't like the music that comes with it, it bores me. I have heard people say that they can listen to their own music while having the voice guidance on their iphones. If that were an option for me, I would definitely use it.

• kjaorange Rookie 1 posts since
    May 24, 2012
    29. May 24, 2012 10:02 AM (in response to NimbleUakari)
    C25K - Started in May

I am using the couch to 5K app from active.com and it works great.  She tells you what to do and you can listen to pandora while she tells you.  It is easy to hear her over the music and pandora is free and they have stations for working out.  I had to pay $2 for the app but it is worth it!!

1 2 3 4 ... 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...