Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1226 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2012 10:33 AM by BarefootTJ
Barefoot TJ Rookie 3 posts since
May 22, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 22, 2012 10:53 PM

New Bulletin Board for us Morton's Neuroma sufferers!!!!

Morton's Neuroma is a condition that seems to affect runners a great deal considering the types of shoes we wear; studies show the number one cause of MN is the types of shoes we wear.

There is a new bulletin board/forum website completely dedicated to Morton's Neuroma named Morton's Neuroma Talk!!!! MN Talk is a FREE discussion support group for those of us who are dealing with Morton's Neuroma where we can talk about this condition, how it is treated, and how it has effected our lives.

After some research I found that there truly isn't a dedicated bulletin board for MN out there.  There are sites here and there who talk about health and medical conditions, etc., that may or may not talk about MN from time-to-time, hit or miss, but none dedicated solely to this condition. 

I fully expect this brand new forum group to soon be jam packed with lots of information and advice from many experienced MN sufferers.

The address is http://www.mortonsneuromatalk.com. Please check it out, and definitely, if you know someone who has this condition, please share the web address with them.

We will be getting a logo soon.

Sorry that this is my first post here, but I am just trying to help others.

Thanks! -TJ

• wildfreightess Amateur 23 posts since
    Jun 6, 2006

Thanks TJ, I just signed up.

• JamesJohnsonLMT Legend 1,167 posts since
    Aug 23, 2009

Seems like the bulk of the traffic at this site is directed towards surgical procedures, including ligament release. The rest of it really needs to be fleshed out some more. To me, cutting ligaments to relieve neuroma pressure is a bit like shooting a dog to stop it from barking. Can't argue that it doesn't "work," but I don't like the idea of running without all ligaments in place. It would be useful to know how many miles have been logged by patients after this procedure, and what their general physical condition or fitness level is, before the average weekend athlete is tempted to take a chance. My view is that ligaments are there for a reason, and the laxity of some ligaments has even been blamed for hypermobility leading to neuromas in some cases. I like the structure of the message board, but it needs a lot more input from different perspectives.

• BarefootTJ Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 9, 2012

Thanks for the compliment, James.  First, this is a completely, brand new discussion board, so that's why you don't see a lot of converstation...yet.  Hopefully, people will see this as a beneficial resource and help it to grow.  It's about high-time too, since there are no other boards out there dedicated to just this one condition, Morton's Neuroma.

And second, I completely agree with you, James.

There are a lot of scary procedures that are done to people who have Morton's Neuroma, and ligament separation is one of them.  I feel like you do.  I would think if my ligaments were cut, then my feet would become instable and flimsy.

But this is why I created the new board.  So we can talk about all these different methods of treatment for MN, the pros and cons, the successes and hopefully not too many failures, so we can be more informed about the treatment options out there and choose the one(s) that are right for us.

Do you have MN, James?  If so, could you please join us there and share your experiences?  I look forward to hearing from you.  -TJ

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...