Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

932 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2012 6:00 PM by Taurus12
MommyMichelle1234 Rookie 4 posts since
May 25, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 25, 2012 10:58 AM

Started Week 2 Today

think today was one of my proudest moments!  I have a 3 year old and a 1.5 year old, so finding time to make this program work is HARD....Not so much hard as my biggest excuse and obsacle.  But, I started week 1 last week with my next door neighbor (who is a runner), and she was so encouraging! So, I started going it alone at 5:30 am while my husband and babies still slept.  That way, it wasn't inconveniencing anyone.  I dreaded the start of week 2.  I struggled the first week.  I am not obese, never have been.  But, I AM FAT.  I went from a size 10 in December (hey, was breastfeeding), to a size 14 in the matter of months.  I need this.  I need this progam not just in terms of getting into shape, but for my sanity.

This morning, when I finished day one of week two, I looked myself in the mirror.... all red faced and icky-sports-bra'd and big fat sweaty pig....and said, "I am proud of you." 

There has GOT to be more of these mommas or daddas out there, right?

• flamomof3 Legend 1,927 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. May 29, 2012 3:11 PM (in response to MommyMichelle1234)
    Started Week 2 Today

Congrats Michelle !!!

• caraincardiff Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 21, 2009
    2. May 29, 2012 4:23 PM (in response to MommyMichelle1234)
    Started Week 2 Today

I run in the morning, too, while my husband and daughter sleep. It's such a nice way to start the day. I am taking my time, though. I started walking more last November, and then started to add some running (usually the flat or downhill parts). Now I warm up 5 min, run two, walk one or two, repeat for 25 min, and then cool down. So usually a 40 to 50 minute routine.

The reason I am not pushing myself to keep up with the week by week, is because I want this to become a lifelong habit. With my bad ankles and extra weight, I was worried that I would injure myself and then stop.

One thing that really helped is "chi walking/running." I bought the dvd and later had a session with a chi running trainer so that I would get my posture and form right as to avoid injury.

Keep us posted on how your are doing! Cara

• Missouristar Amateur 13 posts since
    May 28, 2012
    3. Jun 1, 2012 1:56 PM (in response to MommyMichelle1234)
    Started Week 2 Today

LOL!  I can SO relate.  I'm 62 years old and while not too terribly overweight, I definitely have a "muffin top".  I, too looked at myself in the mirror this morning with baggy shorts, sports bra, unwashed hair, no makeup and sweat pouring down all over and thought, "You go girl!!". I start Week 2 on Monday.  So glad for this community!

• Taurus12 Amateur 26 posts since
    Apr 6, 2012
    4. Jun 1, 2012 6:00 PM (in response to MommyMichelle1234)
    Started Week 2 Today

I am glad to see I am not the only one who can look in the mirror at an hour when so many are still sleeping, sweat all over, no makeup and hair in a pony tail and say " Yeah I rock."

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...