Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

4922 Views 24 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2012 11:06 AM by beowulf37 Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007

beowulf:

"Combat" got in for the same reason as your reference to "perception"---[explain,what perception?]-- got in; and some of your other--- IMO--idiotic comments, on other threads, have gotten in.

'Why are WE talking about Golden Hours and valuable seconds".........."...........You can take leave of yourself at anytime from either reading or responding to any post put up by others----unless that guy holding a gun to  your head, forcing you to read any post,  is still awake.

"WE" includes "YOU." 

Who died and left you to monitor/moderate replies on this thread!?!?

And it isn't "rocket surgery" its "rocket science."

Peace!

Frank!

• beowulf37 Legend 219 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    16. May 22, 2012 9:31 AM (in response to Frank_B)
    Re: I messed up. What (if anything) do I do to fix it?

You don't get that if an umpire leaves a concussed 12 year old on the field while letting action continue, regardless of the efficacy (or lack thereof) of getting to him 10 seconds sooner, it creates a perception to those in attendance that the umpire is unconcerned with the well-being of the child.  You don't get that?  And I'M the idiot?  Sheesh. 

And, in case you haven't noticed, and since you obviously haven't notice A LOT, i use the terms "rocket surgery" and "brain science" interchangeably.  It's kind of a joke, Frank.  Get it? 

I get that you're a couple hundred years old and probably fought in the French-Indain war, but this is a Little league rules forum.  We don't need your war stories.   

• HugoTafurst Legend 515 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    17. May 22, 2012 1:31 PM (in response to Frank_B)
    I messed up. What (if anything) do I do to fix it?

Frank_B wrote:

beowulf:

(snip)

And it isn't "rocket surgery" its "rocket science."

Peace!

Frank!

I'm just guessing, but I think altering the cliche "Rocket Science" to "Rocket Surgery" just may have been a little bit of advanced humor given the subject that was being discussed.

ARF-ARF......

oops

• Kyle_ Legend 556 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    18. May 24, 2012 8:34 AM (in response to HugoTafurst)

My fault for using the term "rocket surgery".

I work with rocket scientists, and rocket mechanics. I also know a brain surgeon. I've heard the rocket mechanics, aka rocket surgeons, use that term for many years, a mix of "rocket science" and "brain surgery". The doctor friend of mine also picked it up, years ago. It's just a funny thing to say, that's all.

• BlueBeak Legend 300 posts since
    Nov 26, 2002
    19. May 26, 2012 12:37 PM (in response to Kyle_)

Cheez Louise, I guess I'm goin crazy. Someone please explain:

1. In one of beowulfs responses to this thread he states, "This isn't rocket surgery guys!"
    2. ?Then in Frank!s response, he takes beowulf to task pointing out that the expression is "rocket science" not "rocket surgery".
    3. Beowulf responds that it was a deliberate mixed metaphor that he has used in the past.
    4. Hugo TaFurst lefthandedly agrees that it was some sort of "advanced humor".

But here is where the train takes a dirt road: Kyle,  in his ONLY response on this thread, then takes ownership of beowulfs mixed metaphor when he states, "My fault for using the term "rocket surgery".  I work with rocket scientists and rocket mechanics, etc. blah-blah. Go back and read the rest if you like.

So beowulf said it but Kyle took ownership? Are they perhaps "one and the same"? Did Kyle think he was logged in as beowulf but actually logged in as Kyle? Did I take a bathroom break while they were handing out the Jim Jones Kool Aid, and Kyle got my cup? I need an adult beverage...... Kyle, any left?

Time wounds all heels.....

May 25, 2007
    20. May 28, 2012 5:40 AM (in response to BlueBeak)

Reminds of the time I was in Kutnow, working on a nuclear reactor as well as advising on an advanced mathematical model of the elliptical nature of the universe as applied to regenerating limbs lost in combat.... 

Christ!  Isn't this a baseball rules forum?

• Kyle_ Legend 556 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    21. May 29, 2012 11:01 AM (in response to BlueBeak)

?Highly recommended.http://independentcopywriter.com/storage/ZayaRum.jpg? 

May 30, 2007

We deviate from the norm to accommodate you beowulf.  Get it?       

Don't get  it??    I'll explain:   It's not "rocket surgery"     or, Christ.....not "rocket science"-----well, whichever makes you laugh, go with!

............................otherwise you would only be a viewer, not a player, on these boards....and you would be so missed!!   

What's wrong with you? Simple enough to figure!

Frank!           

May 30, 2007

Let's clear the air here!----There is absolutely nothing wrong with our OP that being of the human race doesn't happen to all of us at one time or another; whether on the field as an umpire; a manager, coach on the job; a family issue, or wherever else.

The differnce being, Mark-in--SD--fully realized he made a not so good decision and bared his "soul" by bringing that decision, and all of the relevant facts to this board  for a "cleansing"----when he had (absolutely) no rrequirement for doing so.

More power to you Mark!

IMO---There isn't a person on this board that would dare say, if the same situation arose again, you would continue play!

Not to say there are some good people here on this thread who would continue to debate, in your situation, the stopping or not-stopping of play being the right call or not; and that's fine.

I don't speak for beowulf----who thinks his question-[What is wrong with you?]- is deserving of an answer from you.

Everybody else joined on this thread knows-----that question, repeated twice-- is out-of-line,  even being asked once----pure crap!!!

Frank!

May 25, 2007
    24. May 30, 2012 11:06 AM (in response to Frank_B)

Yikes!  I haven't seen so many emoticons since my daughter was rouhly 11 and she was texting with all her other little friends. 

That's known as "regression" Frank. 

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...