Skip navigation

664 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2012 7:21 PM by Jp21620 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 27, 2012 3:52 PM

36th Chestertown Tea Party 10 Mile Run & 5k Run/Walk Reviews

Share your experiences with the 36th Chestertown Tea Party 10 Mile Run & 5k Run/Walk below Back to event details page.

• PWmoose Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 13, 2010

Two things need to be done#1 and most important, needs more water stops, open road course and summer like temps means we need H2O #2move race up to 7 am which would help with the summer like temps. and with more water. , and minor improvements : 1) finsh line needs to be clear of people finished, and keep walkers out of runners way! 2) start the 5 k after the half not with!  The rita ice was most appreciated, the after race snacks were good. Of course always more Porta Potty's, but a nice weekend in Chestertown, love the tea party

• rebudd Rookie 4 posts since
    Aug 25, 2010

Love this event! This is my second year doing the 5k and I appreciate the time and effort it takes to make it run smoothly. Kudos to all those that volunteer.  I agree with PWmoose in that it might be a good idea to have the 10 milers start before the 5ks.  I was in the middle of 10 milers and almost missed the 5k turnaround.  But the finish was great and the ritas lemon ice was so refreshing. Thanks again to all those volunteers and sponsors for a great race.

• Jp21620 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 23, 2011

Overall a great event. Having different start times for 10 milers and 5k and also for walkers would be great. Also, have runners line up in groups depending on their minutes per mile. 7 minute mile, 8, 9 and 10 and over could help. Snacks and drinks were awesome. More porta potties.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...