Skip navigation

3669 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2012 9:50 AM by harveyjr RSS
ballplaya1254 Amateur 9 posts since
Aug 3, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 22, 2012 5:04 PM

My team sucks!

My AAU team sucks and we have lost every game in every single tournament. Me and a few of my friends are the only ones that score and try, but there are other guys that are really bad. I want to start winning some games. Any advice?

• Giovonni15 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 21, 2012
    1. Apr 24, 2012 1:20 PM (in response to ballplaya1254)
    My team sucks!

where are you from..???

• zach23attack Amateur 14 posts since
    May 13, 2012
    2. May 19, 2012 12:35 PM (in response to ballplaya1254)
    My team sucks!

PLay better.

• babatunde11 Pro 94 posts since
    Jan 10, 2012
    3. May 19, 2012 5:56 PM (in response to zach23attack)
    My team sucks!

No matter how much work, effort, practice, etc you put in as a team. If you lack natural ability or skill you won't go anywhere. Haha, look at the Charlotte Bobcats. They practice and work 24/7 but they have no good players so they only won 7 games.. Join a different team!!

• 4HisGlory12 Rookie 3 posts since
    May 10, 2012
    4. May 19, 2012 10:35 PM (in response to ballplaya1254)
    My team sucks!

You are only as strong as your weakest player. There isn't much you can do for your losing streak. You need to remember that games cannot be won with just one or two players; it takes a whole team (5 players, coaches, and even those on the sidelines). You can become a better basketball player by pushing yourself to do new things in the games and working extremely hard on your own, but if your main concern is just winning games, you might as well join another team.

• Daria1989 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 23, 2012
    5. May 23, 2012 9:34 AM (in response to ballplaya1254)
    My team sucks!

how many other guys bad? why they are bad? find the reason and imporve it, the most important is to be better of youself...remember the KD lost most of games in the first 2 years when he came to Oklahoma Thunders, but now they beat lakers in playoff.Good Luck!

• Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    6. May 23, 2012 12:00 PM (in response to ballplaya1254)
    My team sucks!

Every situation you experience in life is to help you grow as an athlete, and as a person. I think there is enough finger pointing in the world. My advice is for you and the other players that have talent, to find a way to strengthen the weaker players. This is a true test of leadership. Don't get down on the others. This is a great time for you to be a leader by example. You don't need to be cocky, or act like you're the best player. Simply demonstrate your passion and willingness to work hard, and to try and help your teammates and encourage them. I realize this may be difficult with players that might not care in the first place. Sometimes players act like they don't care because they are not confident. It's a defense mechanism for athletes.

Believe me, when you move from the minority on your team to the majority, those players that once did not work hard, will pick up their game. You must have patience, a strong will, and a selfless approach to making your team better.

Coach Beez

www.basketballwithcoachbeez.com

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

• ToughD Legend 502 posts since
    May 11, 2010
    7. May 28, 2012 7:49 AM (in response to ballplaya1254)
    My team sucks!

Be a leader. Set high standards for others, and even higher standards for yourself. Show that you are willing to work. If for some reasons your teammates are mad at you and refuse to listen to you, make amends. Ask your coach for an increased role as a leader, and ask him to be brutally honest. This is the time to look in the mirror and ask yourself "Am I really doing everything I can to help this team succeed?" Very few people can honestly say yes. Remind your teammates that if you work hard, you can be great.

Your fellow student of the game,

Tough D

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

- Kevin Durant

• Sofie04 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 5, 2011
    8. May 29, 2012 6:00 PM (in response to ballplaya1254)
    My team sucks!

My 8th grade team won 0 games, including a tournament, but it got better in highschool. Next year will be better?

• Morehoops Rookie 1 posts since
    May 31, 2012
    9. May 31, 2012 7:50 AM (in response to ballplaya1254)
    Re: My team sucks!

ballplaya1254,

You and maybe your few friends that should join a new (and better) AAU team.

Message was edited by: Mason Moreland

• harveyjr Rookie 1 posts since
    May 31, 2012
    10. May 31, 2012 9:50 AM (in response to ballplaya1254)
    My team sucks!

Don't make the games a win/lose situation.....I know that's hard because of our competitive nature but, just try to find "Good" in all of your games. Just try to improve a little bit....better passes, better screens, more hustle, these are things that YOU can control. Like it's been said a thousand times before, handle what U can! Now you say that you and a "couple" of your teamates are good....Maybe you should get a second opinion on how GOOD you and those other friends are......just cause you are in the position to score alot doesn't mean that you're better than other teamates.....maybe they need to get the chance......but all in all if the team just totally sucks then remember this.......you guys win AND lose as a TEAM!.....for example Christian Lateneer was one of the greatest players in college basketball history....No one found out that he wasn't that Great until he went to the NBA....so keep practicing and get better until YOU and those couple of FRIENDS can CARRY the whole team.....3 ALL-STARS and 2 scrubs should at least be competitive!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points