Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

681 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2012 12:22 AM by alibee36
alibee36 Rookie 2 posts since
May 30, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 30, 2012 11:39 PM

Student Interested in Organizing a 5k for Eating Disorders

Hello everyone!

I am a 21 year-old student interested in organizing a 5k to support the battle against eating disorders. Although I have run plenty of races before, I have never organized one myself, so naturally I have many inquiries on top of seeking help and support. I don't even know what questions to start with, so I guess I'll just open the table for free advice, suggestions, and contact info (if you are in my area). Thanks and have a great day!

Ali

• ydiez Pro 140 posts since
    Nov 7, 2011

First of all, congratulations on your decison, I wish you the best of luck.

I have never organised an event myself, but have helped in a few. The first place I would ask is the nearest club/ association that does organise events. From there probably move on to looking for public support and permission.

In any case, go for it, and look forward to hearing from your 5k.

Current PB:

5k: 20:12 (December 31st 2012)

10k : 42:30 (March 9th 2014)

Half Marathon: 1:35:27 (February 3rd 2013)

After completing my 10th HM it's marathon time! The goal is set for March 15th (tentatively at 3h20min, but it sound like science fiction at the moment so I might adjust it down).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...