Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

26599 Views 181 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2012 9:25 PM by SingingPilgrim Go to original post 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next
  • victoria75 Amateur 40 posts since
    Apr 10, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    165. May 24, 2012 5:59 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

i cant find any training programs to follow for after the 5k. there is some info out there about running for 8k, but it is not as easy to follow as this was, doesnt make much sense to me. if anyone knows a good plan to move into after 5k, please share, thanks!

Apr 10, 2012
    166. May 24, 2012 11:49 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

final actual week of couch 2 5k. I am so glad i did this, pretty proud of myself too. went from not excercising to 45 minute runs and cross training on off days. week9 day1 done. 30 felt easy so i went to 45

• HUNTFOR Rookie 6 posts since
    May 16, 2012
    167. May 25, 2012 5:00 AM (in response to victoria75)
    Starting in April!

You have a great attitude. I thought of your post last night as I did day 2 of week 7 and ran extra because I was doing ok and wanted to try and do more and to my surprise I did and extra 8 minutes so I ran for 33.

someone I work with is doing C210K its just like the C25K walk /run I think this might be a step back now that your already running for a long time. I habve a runner Friend I will see on Sat I will ask if she knows of any other programs. Have a good long weekend.

• xbritnex Amateur 12 posts since
    Apr 13, 2012
    168. May 25, 2012 10:27 AM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

I am starting Week 4 today and am really excited!!! Week 3 I think was easier than week 1 and 2. I think this is because there were only 4 runs instead of 8 in the 1st week or 6 in the 2nd week. it was just easier to keep running instead of stopping. I think a lot of it had to do with my mind though. After only 2 runs i was thinking sweet im already halfway done. In the first week after 2 runs I still had 6 more to go. This just shows how much your mind plays a role. Good luck to everyone who is almost done. If I hadn't taken a couple weeks break I would be on week 8 right now, but oh well atleast I got back on track and am still doing it.

Apr 10, 2012
    169. May 25, 2012 7:19 PM (in response to HUNTFOR)
    Starting in April!

good job huntfor!  so, i dont know what to do now! I was shot down on increasing my time in running. (My therapist said no, too much, too soon) I am recovering from eating disorder. SO- I guess I'll just keep doing the 45 min. till its so easy its boring I guess. But- eventually i will want to train for more, so that'd be great if you ask your running friend. I looked at couch to 10k i think. it seemed complicated to me, but ill look again, i guess i would just stop at 8k...

• HUNTFOR Rookie 6 posts since
    May 16, 2012
    170. May 29, 2012 8:56 AM (in response to victoria75)
    Starting in April!

Let me start off with great job recovering from the eating disorder if you can do that you can do anything.You definitly need to follow the therapist advise, and 45 min is good.(i cant wait to be able to run that long) I talked to my runner friend and the only thing she had to offer was to join a running club the ones from around my area have race trainings, map out routs and push eachother on time and distance. She said some are in it just for fun and exercise and some are cerious runners that train for all kinds af racing. keep in touch and if I hear about any other programs Ill let you know.

• XYankeeInMS Expert 42 posts since
    Aug 6, 2009
    171. May 29, 2012 1:36 PM (in response to victoria75)
    Starting in April!

I just started one called Bridge to 10K last night.  So far, it seems very similar to C25K. I'm still slower than Christmas, especially in the Mississippi heat, but it's doable!

http://shewhorunsamok.blogspot.com/

"It doesn't get easier, you just get stronger"

C25K - July 27 - September 23, 2009

C25K - started again on March 22, 2012

Apr 10, 2012
    172. May 29, 2012 7:34 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

I think I finished week9 day 2 last night, anyway, whichever run it was, it was a good one, and stopped at 50 minutes. This program has been a success! 1 run left and then hopefully I keep it up and do a 5k within the next couple months. Knowing I can jog for 50 minutes should make me confident to go ahead and sign up. Feels good to be running and regaining my health again. Good job to everyone finishing up here, and to others who got sidetracked, just go back out the door and try again!. One foot infront of the other, its the only way to get anywhere!

Apr 10, 2012
    173. May 30, 2012 12:06 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

well, i did week 9 day 3 last night, 45 minutes. I guess I'm done here. Im looking into bridge to 10k. thats for the input xyankee!

• SRB2012 Amateur 20 posts since
    Apr 9, 2012
    174. May 31, 2012 10:37 AM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Congratulations victoria75!

I'm having some problems getting through week 7. I've had to stretch week 7 out over 2 weeks and will probably put in another 25 minute run in this week even though that will be more than the plan calls for. I'm even thinking of repeating week 7 again because the last two runs I've had to stop to catch my breath a couple of times. I'm really disgusted since I've done so well up to this point and am so close to finishing!

Anyone else have this happen at the 25-minute run mark or have other words of inspiration?? I need them!

• SingingPilgrim Expert 56 posts since
    Jun 12, 2011
    175. May 31, 2012 12:33 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Hi people! I'm a re-start and haven't really been coming in to talk about my progress but I just finished week 4 day 2, feeling good. I started taking my dog with me this week, trying to decide if I'll keep doing that.

Hope everyone is doing great!

Visit my blogs!

Health and Fitness: http://meaningfulactivity.blogspot.com/

Lifestyle blog: www.thesongsontheway.com

"No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields the fruit of peace and righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Therefore strengthen your tired hands and weakened knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated,but healed instead." -Hebrews 12:11-13

• jenny99779 Rookie 6 posts since
    Aug 8, 2010
    176. May 31, 2012 12:45 PM (in response to SingingPilgrim)
    Starting in April!

Way to go Pilgrim!  I'm on my second week of week 4 (did 3 weeks on week 3). Slow but sure!  I take my "cute and stupid" dog with me for my runs - I love him to bits - but it does slow you down when you need to stoop & scoop.  That being said, he's my biggest motivator in the morning.  If I dare tell him "no run this morning" his disappointed little face makes me feel guilty all day.  He's the reason I never miss a day.  Hopefully yours will start noticing the new tradition and use guilt as a motivator for you too!

Canadian Jen

• Melynda2012 Amateur 9 posts since
    Apr 10, 2012
    177. May 31, 2012 1:07 PM (in response to jenny99779)
    Starting in April!

Congrats for finishing the program Victoria!  You should be proud of yourself. 

SingingPilgrim and Jenny, I'm also starting back, from taking two weeks off, and I think I'm going to do over week4 day3 and then move on to week5 again.  I had to give my knee a rest and hope things will be fine if I don't push myself too hard too soon.

• Taurus12 Amateur 26 posts since
    Apr 6, 2012
    178. Jun 1, 2012 7:49 AM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I have a question for those who are close to finishing! Did any of you start C25K by running time instead of distance? I did and I finally found a measured track in my area and ran it this morning. I discovered I have been running about 3.2-3.5 miles for about two weeks now in under 30 minutes. That was a shocker as I had thought I was doing about 2-2.5 miles at most. Thanks XYankeeinMS-I am going to look into bridge to 10K too. Rock on everyone and enjoy the thrill of the RUN!

Apr 10, 2012
    179. Jun 1, 2012 5:31 PM (in response to Taurus12)
    Starting in April!

taurus12- I cant believe you are running that fast! Thats really good! I did the whole couch25k by time only, Ive never measured the distance of my actual runs, however I really want to know now that I am running 50 minutes at a time. Ive just been guessing that I have to be doing at least 3 miles in 50 minutes.I feel like I can go pretty far, but my running feels like I am not going to fast, and when I try to speed up, my legs feel like they are too short to go any faster..I looked at bridge to 10k and I also looked at gateway2 8k running plans. The thing that bothers me is the stopping and walking for a minute in between the 10 minute jogs. I dont quite understand the reason for it if we are already able to do at least 30- 50 minutes without stopping, and I am afraid of losing that ability if I do another plan with walking intervals. what do you think?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...