Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

27307 Views 181 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2012 9:25 PM by SingingPilgrim Go to original post 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next
  • Taurus12 Amateur 26 posts since
    Apr 6, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    180. Jun 1, 2012 5:44 PM (in response to victoria75)
    Starting in April!

I was quite surprised at my time too. I had no idea I was covering that much ground in that short of time either. I did redo 3 weeks of C25K when I felt I was not progressing appropriately and I also run to Army Cadence in Double Time which is how I was taught by my drill Sgts.

With the Bridge and Gateway programs ( I have yet to see them) I am wondering if they are for someone starting running from scratch and not like some of us who already have been running? I know I have doubts on stopping my run to walk, it seems like backpeddling to me. I only stop on a run if I am extremely tired and that usually does not happen. 

I am very curious to see how far you have been running too. My guess is you are just like me and covering more ground than you think. I sometimes feel like I am slogging through mud too when I run but hey we are doing it! 50 minutes at a time is great, you have got to find out how long you are running. Have you checked if your city has any measured tracks where you can check how far you are running?

Let me know if you find out how far you are running, you may be doing far more than ya think.

• SingingPilgrim Expert 56 posts since
    Jun 12, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    181. Jun 1, 2012 9:25 PM (in response to Taurus12)
    Starting in April!

I measure in time only, because I don't have any fancy tools or access to a track. I do happen to know that a certain street corner is about 1/2 mile from my house but it's got steep hills and places with no shade between there and here, so I don't really go that way much. But I'm thinking that when I finish the program I'll try to do it and see if I'm actually doing a 5K distance... my gut tells me I won't be though. I think I'm a "penguin" for sure.... but I also have already noticed that speed picks up without really trying too hard, so maybe by the end of the program I will be doing the right distance.

But I figure if I'm not, and I'm just running 30 minutes and not 5K, then I can just repeat the last couple weeks using distance and not time. No biggie.

Visit my blogs!

Health and Fitness: http://meaningfulactivity.blogspot.com/

Lifestyle blog: www.thesongsontheway.com

"No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields the fruit of peace and righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Therefore strengthen your tired hands and weakened knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated,but healed instead." -Hebrews 12:11-13

1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...