Skip navigation

2907 Views 24 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2012 8:47 AM by TamraTrousdale RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • CrissyPayne0 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 30, 2011

This was my first 10k!! I had a great time!! The community involvement was awesome and I loved the family atmosphere! Can't wait for next years race!

• MaryBB43 Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 12, 2011

I ran the 5K and it was a blast! Very well organized and the atmosphere was fun! I'll definitely run this race again..maybe the 10K next year!

• rlmks5 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 14, 2012

I have been away from running for over 15 yrs. I used to run Cotton Row every yr until I moved away and stopped running. When I began running again last summer, I targeted this yrs Cotton Row to be my 'comeback' race. I have ran throughout the Southeast, and previously somewhat competitively (not now, however), and Cotton Row was, and continues to be THE BEST race period bar none!  The event is so much more than a race, it is really an experience...a very favorable, albeit hot and humid, experience. I will be back next yr. And, because of Cotton Row, I plan to make this yrs Rocket City Marathon my first marathon!  My personal thanks to everyone involved in putting Cotton Row on...job well done! thx, ron c

• MBEG Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 13, 2010

I have ran the Cotton Row for several years now.  I LOVE this race.  It's a big 10k for Huntsville.  A great challenging course and good fan base.  I will be there again next year......  LOVE IT!!!

• you2510 Amateur 9 posts since
    May 31, 2012

Number one, Chinese language program movie theater is mostly a frequenter by Règles, NIKE air max 90 discount,no matter that experts claim it can be found hardly any window films competitions for ones Palme d'Or during the last 36 months. This valentine's day, one of the Chinese-language tender thriller "Dangerous Liaisons" appears most certainly experienced as a result of experts not to mention marketing in its Règles elite as being a definite endorsed using a one of the Directors' Week sidebar with the muestra.NIKE air max 2011 cheap,

All of the seat tickets are regarded inside the Drama Croisette when readership bought an immense over from applause afre the wedding, despite the fact that further tests were also inquired not to mention A french city advertising bought the software an important comprehensive insurance policy in time.

• -John Amateur 15 posts since
    Oct 1, 2007

I have run this 10k for over 10 years but my next door neighbor has done all 32 runnings of this race. That is what keeps me coming back. I hate the hill. If I could run it I would finish under 50 minutes which I have done only a couple times over the past 12-14 years. It is well done in many ways. I love the patriotism as well as the ironic  twist of being sponsored by a German automobile manufacturer which in turn is owned by an Italian. I hope they bring back the paratroopers some day. I liked having the Korean War era jeep with the mounted gun there at the start. I felt the sadness in playing Taps. Altogether this Memorial Day run is done very well.

• run2day Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 26, 2008

COURSE LIAR!!  I have run literally hundreds of races including a dozen or so Cotton Rows, and I have never seen or heard of such a wonderful, jubilant, and motivating individual.  He certainly MADE this old runner's race.  I picked my knees up, ran faster, and chuckled the whole way to the end of the race!  Thank you, thank you Course Liar.  You made my Memorial Day.  And you know what?  After the race, I spoke to my husband and daughter, and asked them what their favorite part of the race was?? COURSE LIAR all around!  Loved him.  Hope he's back next year!!

• rlyle0951 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 10, 2008

Very well done race. I had a blast! I particularly liked the special recognition to our military before the races started.

• Dakotasmommy28 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 28, 2011

I was in from Michigan visiting family and was looking for a race to take part in. I cam across this one and am glad that I did. I had a great time and the community support made me proud. The only things that I could say to the negative was that the race started early (depending on family to get you there doesn't work) and I was bummed that on Memorial Day the route didn't take us by the War Memorial. Otherwise, it was a nice event.

• TamraTrousdale Rookie 1 posts since
    May 15, 2012

This was my first Cotton Row run as well as my first 10K! I loved it, my favorite part was the Course Liar. He was fantastic... nothing like a "You are almost there" when you have 2 miles to go! Will see you all again next year!!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...