Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3350 Views 28 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2012 8:14 AM by garyfcc Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • Susana21 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 21, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jun 4, 2012 5:33 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Tour de Chocolate Town Reviews

Fully enjoyed the ride. Well marked, nice rest stops(well supplied) nice volunteers. Nice scenery ... one of the best organized rides I have participated in. I did the 65

• Pigiron36 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 4, 2012
    16. Jun 4, 2012 5:44 PM (in response to Guest )

It was well planned and organized. The ride thru the amusment park was interesting and a good way to start. It was our first time for this ride. We'll do it again next year, the good Lord willing.

• Wogfromlebanon Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 16, 2010
    17. Jun 4, 2012 6:50 PM (in response to Guest )

I did the century. Worried that it was a bit early in the season,but whoever laid out the course really knew what they were doing. Beautiful scenery. Enough hills to be interesting, but none too challenging. Great support at the RSs. I hope that this remains an annual event. Thanks, Hershey Co!

• paul a. butler Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 17, 2008
    18. Jun 4, 2012 7:46 PM (in response to Guest )

nice route. ended up doing the full century by accident. no problem though. i don't feel there is a need to go through the park. i was the first group through and it was tricky. volunteers needed to be faster with waving us through but overall they did a great job. i know you (bruce k.) will be using a different method to mark the route which will be better. at the start no one knew where to go but we figured it out. why the round about in the lot? overall a great ride and glad ther was a great turn out.

• debrabuf Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 5, 2012
    19. Jun 5, 2012 3:02 AM (in response to Guest )

We did the 17 mile bike route, and really thought it was well marked and just the right amount of tiny challenges :).

We do plan on doing it again next year!

I thought well planned out!

We are from Buffalo NY and I was able to do the Hershey tour afterwards..bought some candy for my hubby.

• solavig Amateur 28 posts since
    May 30, 2012
    20. Jun 5, 2012 4:19 AM (in response to Guest )
    Tour de Chocolate Town Reviews

The thread that has been shared is good and i like choclates a lot.

• mikeculp Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    21. Jun 5, 2012 4:58 AM (in response to Guest )

This is a great event. Many thanks to all the volunteers in the stadium and out on the course. The course itself was "gently rolling" with no killer climbs, nicely done to whomever planned it. Now if they could do something about that wind...

• LBrinjac Rookie 3 posts since
    Mar 31, 2009
    22. Jun 5, 2012 5:39 AM (in response to Guest )

I fully enjoyed this ride.  I thought it was well planned and organized, and the event volunteers were very friendly.  I will participate again next year.  A vegetarian lunch option is the only thing that was missing for me.

• cewoodruff14 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 15, 2012
    23. Jun 5, 2012 7:12 AM (in response to Guest )

Lots of fun, really liked that they had Honey Stingers

• Jpoot Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 5, 2011
    24. Jun 5, 2012 8:00 PM (in response to Guest )

Wonderful route, beautiful scenery. Well planned out though the markers could use improvement with visibility. I got off course twice! Overall a very enjoyable experience, though I would suggest skipping the part of meandering through the hilly neighborhood. That did nothing for me!

• slharmon Rookie 3 posts since
    May 8, 2011
    25. Jun 6, 2012 8:36 AM (in response to Guest )

It was a wonderful ride. The weather was perfect. The scenery was lovely. The event was well organized and staffed with helpful people. I'm looking forward to going next year.

• Madone45 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 6, 2012
    26. Jun 6, 2012 2:16 PM (in response to Guest )

It was a fun and relaxing ride.  I wanted to ride the 65 mi route but my kids were waiting back at the hotel so I ended up doing the 35 mi, which was an easy ride.  I enjoyed riding through Hershey Park and through the bike path next to the fields.

The scenery was nice and could be better next time if they skip the part through the houses.  The people in the streets are friendly except for one driver that honked at a cyclist.

Will definitely be back next year.  Hopefully, the markers will be improved.  They need to  be more visible and more frequent.  The last 5 mi of the ride was poorly marked.  Also looking for a 50 mi route for folks like me that have a limited time for riding.

Getting my picture taken with the four Hershey mascots was a highlight of the ride!

• cas16457 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 6, 2012
    27. Jun 6, 2012 6:56 PM (in response to Guest )

Overall a very nice ride.  We drove from Indiana to Hershey to attend this ride.  Our first suggestion is to make sure complete directions to the staging area are available in the registration materials.  Not being from the area, we were very confused trying to find the access road into the Hershey Park area.  The "markers"/signs to follow into Hershey Park were not well displayed.  Once we started the ride, we missed the W. Mansion turn off point, we found ourselves almost 4 miles off course.  We were "saved" by a another rider that had gotten off course too. As has already been stated, the course markings could have been more frequent.  Once the course markings were no longer a problem, the ride was very enjoyable and the scenery was magnificent.  The volunteers were super, sometimes a thankless job.  They deserve a huge THANKS.  It was a nice ride and a fun long weekend in Hershey, PA. 

• garyfcc Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 11, 2012
    28. Jun 11, 2012 8:14 AM (in response to Guest )

It was our first time at the ride, we did 35, 65 next time. The beginning was confusing, no one knew where to go, so everyone sat there till someone started and we all followed. The ride was poorly marked, we got off course twice, the end of the ride through the neighborhood was not very good, and the food at the end could have been a little better/healthier.

For the most part it was great and we will be back next year.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...