Skip navigation

1091 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2012 10:56 PM by Coach Beez
lildonald24 Expert 45 posts since
Mar 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 5, 2012 5:09 PM

Defensive help

How can I annoy a player on defense to get him out of his comfort zone without fouling?

• SkylerVondra Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 25, 2012
    1. Jun 7, 2012 10:32 AM (in response to lildonald24)
    Defensive help

talk trash, be annoying.

• babatunde11 Pro 94 posts since
    Jan 10, 2012
    2. Jun 14, 2012 7:43 PM (in response to SkylerVondra)
    Defensive help

Skyler, that's exactly what you DON'T do, you must like technical fouls.. plus that's bad sportsmanship!

• Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    3. Jun 14, 2012 10:56 PM (in response to lildonald24)
    Defensive help

The best thing you can do is take away his strengths. That may mean forcing him to go left if he's a right handed player, or sagging a little if he can't shoot to play him for the drive. Defense not only takes heart, desire, footwork and balance, but also your BRAIN! Study the habits of your offensive player, try to take away these normal moves, and force him to make moves he's not typically used to.

Then, whether your man shoots it or someone else, block him out and keep him off the boards.

Hope this helps. I am in the process of putting together some defensive videos for players like yourself who are not sure how to best play defense. If you are interested, email me at basketballwithcoachbeez@cox.net

Good luck!

Coach Beez

www.basketballwithcoachbeez.com

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...