Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

49529 Views 259 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 7:55 PM by CamaroZ28c RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 Previous Next
  • TisforTiara Amateur 21 posts since
    Jun 5, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    31. Jun 5, 2012 1:33 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Hi, am restarting C25K - repeating W1 this week (tried to start it last week, but work got in the way), am in England so holiday weekend this weekend, did W1D1 on Saturday morning, 2nd run this morning. Finding it tough, but am loving getting out early in the morning, seems to fill me with energy for the whole day.

Looking forward to doing a 5k race in October - a friend organises a race every year to raise money for cancer charities, and I've committed to doing this race.  So nearly five months to prepare, would love to be able to run the whole 5k.

• fishie230 Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 5, 2011
    32. Jun 5, 2012 7:54 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

I've been hiking every week, but haven't actually run in over a year.  I decided it was time to add in some running again to help get into better shape.  Just did W1D1 tonight!  Tomorrow night it's time to pick up new running shoes.  The ones I currently own are not going to cut it. 

Looking forward to getting through this program to the very end!

• beachwalker86 Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 22, 2012
    33. Jun 5, 2012 8:45 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Just did W1D1 and did better than I expected. I hadn't planned on doing it tonight, but after I finished my 30 minutes with my personal trainer, I was feeling so good that I decided to go for it! I did a pace of a 16 minute mile, which I am proud of because I am NOT a runner. It is also the minimum pace requirement for the half marathon I want to enter. I am feeling very motivated right now!

• MichelleReneeMercure Amateur 8 posts since
    Feb 29, 2012
    34. Jun 6, 2012 8:55 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

I did W1D1 last night.  I took it very literally and went straight from the couch to the treadmill.  It was painful.  But I just stretched and did the program as it was laid out.  I didn't wanna add any fluff stuff to it since I knew I would have to do Day 2 today.  I'm excited to be back on track. 

• mb923 Amateur 29 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    35. Jun 6, 2012 9:04 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

My daughter and I finished W1 D3 last night.  I was really proud of her.  She has a cold and wasn't feeling it.  But she pushed through.  Tomorrow we're on to Week 2 and I'm really excited. 

• acsasko Rookie 2 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    36. Jun 7, 2012 6:08 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

I just completed W1D2.  It was harder to get myself out the door (season allergies), but easier to complete the workout.  On D1 I walked most of the 4th jogging section, today I jogged every time I was supposed to!

It's good to see everyone doing so well, and nice not to be alone in this!

• smiler123 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 2, 2012
    37. Jun 7, 2012 8:40 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

bit bummed today was going to do W2D2 today but my sciatica has flared up and can hardly walk, will have to wait a few days before i can continue,, i'm not givig up but may have to go back to week 1 and start again

• MichelleReneeMercure Amateur 8 posts since
    Feb 29, 2012
    38. Jun 7, 2012 8:51 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Went for W1D2 last night.  Two days in a row was pretty tough but I powered through.  Who knew that 4 months of no working out would set me back so far.  But I'm glad to be getting my routine down again.  I know it's gonna get easier ... it's gonna get easier right??   Next workout is a weekend workout, which my body seems to enjoy more than after work workouts. 

• mb923 Amateur 29 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    39. Jun 7, 2012 8:56 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Today is W2 D2.  We've been keeping a steady every other day routine.  I try to walk a few miles on my off days.  What kind of cross training do you do on your non-running days?

• ThunderZtorm Rookie 4 posts since
    May 30, 2012
    40. Jun 7, 2012 9:34 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Week 2 day 1 completed yesterday.

First week was a bit rough, especially day 3 where I really started doubting that I could step up to the week 2 pattern. Thankfully, W2D1 was actually so far the one that felt the easiest, especially with regards to my lower back. It's been hurting quite a bit during week 1, but almost nothing so far in week 2. Hoping it stays that way . We have W2D2 scheduled for Friday afternoon, and D3 for Sunday, let's see how everything is after that

• KristiRPhTX Amateur 12 posts since
    Aug 12, 2010
    41. Jun 7, 2012 1:04 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

I'm restarting C25K for the second time--completed it the first time in 2010.  Just did W1D3 yesterday and it felt great.  I loved the feeling I got when I was running before and I really missed it when I had to stop due to a partial tear in my Achilles last October.  I couldn't wait to get clearance to begin running again!  I'm not fast by any means (I run just a little faster than I walk), but I am running/jogging and I definitely feel better when I do!

• Missouristar Amateur 13 posts since
    May 28, 2012
    42. Jun 7, 2012 1:20 PM (in response to KristiRPhTX)
    June C25K Starters

I, too, am not a fast runner.  My run is also not much faster than my walk (and my walk is none too fast!).   Sometimes I get a little intimidated by those posting fast times, but I just tell myself, I'm 62 years old and I'm running - not fast, but I'm running.  Well, at least 90 seconds at a time!   I think I'll just be happy if I can actually run an entire 5k, even if it takes me an hour.  Just finished W2D2.

Jun 5, 2012
    43. Jun 7, 2012 1:42 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Just completed W1D3, didn't think I'd manage to run today, was expecting a long day at work - well, I got the long day, but went straight to gym after work and ran on the treadmill.  Feel really good and looking forward to W2!

Jun 5, 2012
    44. Jun 9, 2012 12:48 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Did W2D1 this morning, was sort of expecting to have to walk during at least one of the runs, but managed to run through (OK, I paused at the start of the first fun for a couple of seconds to say hello to a really cute little puppy), the 90 seconds seemed to go really quickly and I was surprised a couple of times when the podcast told me I had to slow down and walk now.  I think I may have been running at a slightly slower pace but who knows?  My normal running pace is pretty slow anyway.

After I'd finished the podcast I had about half a mile to walk back to the car, and when I'd finished the cooldown I thought "I bet I could just run to that tree over there".  So I did, who knows where that came from!  And then a cloud of swifts came swooping down from the sky, flying all around me - not in a scary Alfred Hitchcock way, but just like that moment in every Disney movie you've ever seen where the little woodland animals and birds come to help out the princess.  Not that I looked much like a Disney princess, but hey, it was quite a moment!

Looking forward now to what W2D2 might bring...

1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...