Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

728 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2012 10:12 AM by BIKINIBODWANNABE RSS
KHT2012 Rookie 6 posts since
Jun 6, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 7, 2012 8:14 PM

Any new mom's trying to get back in shape?

Hi there, I'm a mommy of a 6 month old and a soon to be 3 year old. I've joined this site to help keep me motivated to stick to my new running plan! Given that I've had two kids in 2 1/2 years (without really losing all of the weight between the babies), I really need to get my energy up, weight down, and stay on track! I have a few initial goals...1) to gain more energy and feel stronger, 2) to get back down to the weight I was when I got married almost 5 years ago (about 30 pounds to lose), and 3) to completey run at least two 5k this year (I already have the races chosen and have registered for one). I also really want to set a good, healthy example for my two little girls and make sure they understand that being active is an important part of everyday life.

I'm just starting week 5 of the C25k program and so far am loving it! I find that I miss running on the "off" days, and overall feel like I am getting stronger and more toned (althought the scale would beg to differ, as I am actually 1 lb heavier than when I started the program). My husband and I purchased a double BOB stroller, and so we are doing the program together and bringing the kids along--a family affair!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and see if there was anyone else out there in a similar boat.

Kara

• vvtcntt Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 8, 2012
    1. Jun 8, 2012 12:28 AM (in response to KHT2012)

please from : bon nuoc , b?n n??c , thái d??ng n?ng , chau rua bat .

thanks alll !

• BIKINIBODWANNABE Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 13, 2012
    2. Jun 13, 2012 10:12 AM (in response to KHT2012)

I'm not sure if I'm considered a new mom with a 1 year old, but I am trying to get myself motivated to start working out on a regular basis. I hate that my son is the healthiest eater in the house. I'm fearful that he will see what we eat, and change to the bad eating habits he sees from us. Also, I want to be around to see him someday start a family, and at the rate I am going, I won't be seeing him graduate from high school. That may be a little dramatic, but those are the thoughts that go through my head when I look at him.

I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy, and not even an ounce came off.  I've begun changing my eating habits by bringing my lunch and snacks to work. I've been trying to walk before or after work every day. I'm ready to start using my C25K ipod apps. I'd love to be able to run a 5K on the 4th of July, but I think my goal will be just to finish the 5K this year and 100% run my next one.  I just bought a bike with a seat for my son, so I want to start going on bike rides if I am pressed for time.

Stacey

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...