Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

55242 Views 259 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 7:55 PM by CamaroZ28c Go to original post 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Previous Next
  • TisforTiara Amateur 21 posts since
    Jun 5, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    61. Jun 13, 2012 2:04 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Well done everyone, and thanks for the support you're all giving.  W2D3 today, woke too late to run this morning, but ran tonight after work again - a couple of the intervals felt longer than 90 seconds, a couple felt shorter.  I ran round our local racecourse, which I prefer to running straight out of my door - the hills come in just the right places on the racecourse - walk up, run down.  Feeling good though, bit nervous about W3 - a whole 3 minutes!  But am inspired by Missouristar - I'll also let myself walk if I have to, and hope I won't have to.

Two weeks in, yay!  We're all fabulous!

• ChelleBrunning Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 14, 2011
    62. Jun 13, 2012 7:21 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Just finished w2d3 tonight...I too am doing the program over again.  I had completed the c25k at the end of last year then severely sprained my ankle and was seriously out of any exercise rotation until the end of May/first of June.  I don't like exercise but I LOVE running and I love what running does and can do for me.  I am glad to be back in the 'saddle' and look forward to running my first 5k of 2012. 

Good luck to everyone

• ErinHB Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 13, 2012
    63. Jun 13, 2012 10:19 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Total newbie here! I completed Week 1, Day 1 earlier this evening and I am feeling it. I'm quite a bit overweight but I know this was the first step in the right direction. I'm looking toward to being an active participant and kicking butt! :)

• sassyetc Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 14, 2012
    64. Jun 14, 2012 4:43 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Hey all! I started C25K on May 31st (close enough to June, right?) and am starting week 3 today! I am really excited about this program. Immediately after W1D1 I went to the local running store and was fitted for proper running shoes, love them! I'm debating on doing a 5K right after my program ends or waiting until September/October when *hopefully* the weather will be cooler. I have read a lot of people encourage C25K-ers to do a 5K within a few weeks of ending their program...but it's so hot and humid here in Florida during August!

• mb923 Amateur 29 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    66. Jun 14, 2012 5:23 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    Re: June C25K Starters

My daughter and I finished W3D1 yesterday and it felt great.  We had a little hiccup earlier in the week.  I had a migraine on Monday so my husband jumped in for me and took her on W2D3.  I did it Tuesday morning.  She definitely is keeping me motivated. 

• Melanieteach1 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 12, 2012
    67. Jun 14, 2012 2:14 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Finished W1D2 today and the hills on my route are KILLER the last 10 seconds of the running sections.  School just let out for me last week and so I started on Monday.  On my off days I am also doing Karate.  My shins are a little tender today, but I am not sure if it is from C25k or Karate.  You all are inspiring to keep on going!

• liebeslied Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 14, 2012
    68. Jun 14, 2012 8:56 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Just did W1D1 at the gym today. I'm not a couch potato but I've never liked running, so I'm giving it a chance. I can already tell I need new shoes, so hopefully I can get some on Saturday before running. I've been having knee pain for weeks; I hope new shoes will help.

2.08 miles in 30 minutes.

• TisforTiara Amateur 21 posts since
    Jun 5, 2012
    69. Jun 15, 2012 2:57 AM (in response to Bauer05)

W3D1 completed - ran (OK, very slowly, but still running) without stopping for both the 3 minute intervals, and felt really good.  Have a great weekend everyone!

• Taurus12 Amateur 26 posts since
    Apr 6, 2012
    70. Jun 15, 2012 3:04 AM (in response to TisforTiara)

You did it! I remember in the early days of the C25K program I felt as if my legs were running through concrete and boy did I want to give up. I did not and now I look back at everyone who is just starting and I can honestly say how proud I am of all of you. I wanna jump up and down each time I read of one more of us who has done something they did not think they could do. TisforTiara-you GO! To everyone else-keep moving and do so knowing we are all out there in this together. I am having a blast, losing weight, and loving being a runner.

And remember, you may feel like you are slow, but you are not on the couch and you are moving and that's what it's all about.

Happy Friday y'all.

• Missouristar Amateur 13 posts since
    May 28, 2012
    71. Jun 15, 2012 9:07 AM (in response to ARod65)
    June C25K Starters

You may need to just walk a bit to get your endurance up.  Check out your shoes too.  You also might want to see a doctor or sports therapist to make sure you're in good enough physical shape to run.  But keep walking!  I walked a lot before starting this program and I think it's what helped me so far!  And keep checking in here - there's lots of encouragement.

• Missouristar Amateur 13 posts since
    May 28, 2012
    72. Jun 15, 2012 9:10 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

W3D3 for me and that second 3 minute run is kickin' my butt!  I am doing it, though!  I'm debating about next week.  Do I try to step up to the next level or do I repeat this week?  The timid part of me says just do what you know you can do and wait until that comes easily before advancing.  But the other part says that I'll never know what I can do until I at least try.  Do I start Week 4 and just keep at it until I can do it?  What's the group's advice?

• MichelleReneeMercure Amateur 8 posts since
    Feb 29, 2012
    73. Jun 15, 2012 2:39 PM (in response to Missouristar)
    June C25K Starters

I got myself through W2D2 last night.  I found it harder than Day 1 but I am attributing that to my funk mood yesterday afternoon.  Couldn't get the day out of my head and even the gym with baseball on one tv and basketball on the other didn't shake it.  I didn't quit the workout though. 

• dgh204 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 9, 2012
    74. Jun 16, 2012 11:49 AM (in response to MichelleReneeMercure)
    June C25K Starters

Hi, Michelle.  I attended this FoodFight training 2 months back, and as a result, they set me up with a health coach.  I have always enjoyed cooking, and I would say I cook pretty healthily, but what I realized through this is that I wasn't including enough fiber in my cooking.  So now, I regularly eat a multitude of whole grains: quinoa, barley, farro (my favorite), brown rice (there is also brown basmati rice), etc.  I just bought millet and amaranth to try this week, even.

I have also limited the amount of meat that I buy, and have found myself not feeling like I am missing out on anything.  The grains are so filling, and there is no guilt in having more than one serving.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...