Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

49679 Views 259 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 7:55 PM by CamaroZ28c RSS Go to original post 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Previous Next
  • AustinKnits Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 17, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    75. Jun 17, 2012 3:20 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Today was W2D1 for me and I am officially addicted! Additionally with the program I also started cycling 1-2 days per week for cross training. I'm 29 years old and have 2 little ones... a 2 year old and a 3 month old. I dropped the weight from my daughter 3 months ago immediately but I'm still hanging on to my 2 year old's!   I'm 5'6 at 157lbs (started at 162 1 month ago prior to eliminating crap from my diet and beginning to cycle).  My ideal weight is 140 and toned - I'm hoping this program helps get me there! I've never been a runner in my life...actually this is the most exercise I've done in my life! But I'm loving the energy and 'me time'!

Oh and I'm running on a treadmill - the Texas heat is no joke!

• AustinKnits Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 17, 2012
    76. Jun 17, 2012 3:21 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Oh and is there a way to know what speed I should be running at? Right now I'm on the treadmill and generally run at 4.5 mph and walk at 4.0 mph but I have no way of knowing if that is good, ok or bad

• ikkinikki607 Amateur 10 posts since
    Jun 17, 2012
    77. Jun 17, 2012 8:28 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Hello all!  Tonight I finished W3D3 tonight.  Feeling good despite the shin splints in just my left leg.  I really need to go in and get fitted for a pair of running shoes.  I have been putting it off because I was told you get on the treadmill and they monitor you and watch you run.  Since I don't know now long they make you do this, I am trying to build up my time before I go!!

I've been doing it outside, just because I heard it is harder to transition from treadmill to outside!  A little nervous about W4D1, not then again I was worried about W3D1 and I made it through the week just fine.  I even added on 2 extra run minutes after I completed the circuit!  Good luck everyone!!  Excited to share my journey with you guys!!

• traveling_girl Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 18, 2012
    78. Jun 18, 2012 12:18 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Well this is my first post and I have no idea if I am allowed to jump in like this so I hope you will not mind. I am currently on Week 2 Day 1 and loving it! I modified the program because its not really enough workouts for me and my crazy energy but I love how it breaks it down. I thought I would share a bit about what I do on this circuit .

-I walk at 4.5 and run at 6.0 -6.5

-I always keep the treadmill at a 1% incline because I read that its better for you if you want to transition to outdoor running and its works you butt.

-I am 16 5'8" and 165 lbs trying to get to 135 to get rid of all that weight I have to carry when I run.

I am curious do any of you clock an extra miles than the C25K? I usually do the work out then take a 10 min break and run a mile and a half full out. I am very bad at running on the treadmill and am a little nervous about eating it so I ten to run slower. My mile time as of yesterday is 11:04 (bad I know) but I have a cold and am nervous to mess with my ashthma. Does anybody know how to increase their speed while not falling of the treadmill because I caould have easily been running at 7 or 8 mph but I stink at hitting the darn button

• mb923 Amateur 29 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    79. Jun 18, 2012 6:45 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

My daughter and I finished W3D2 on Saturday morning.  W3D3 is later today.  I highly recommend this for anyone looking to help their kids get in shape.  I sometimes have to drag her there but once we get started her mood changes.  And she is usually glowing after we finish.  I'm so glad I made the decision to start this with her.  I knew I should be setting a better example for her.  We're both feeling so much better.

I need to start doing something else on my off days.  I'm thinking of picking up the 30 Day Shred again. 

• KristiRPhTX Amateur 12 posts since
    Aug 12, 2010
    80. Jun 18, 2012 7:02 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Got up early this morning and did W3D1 and I felt great!  I felt really good during all the running sections and my left Achilles didn't bother me at all today.  I am feeling so much better since I restarted this program.  My only complaint is that I waited until the beginning of summer to restart--not very smart when you live in south Texas!  I hate running on the treadmill and my schedule doesn't allow for evening running, so I guess I'll be getting up early on the days I run.  Oh well, I find I sleep better when I run anyway!

• Missouristar Amateur 13 posts since
    May 28, 2012
    81. Jun 18, 2012 9:32 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

W4D1 for me.  I fully expected to have to go back to Week 3.  Those 5 minute runs scared me to death!  I am absolutely stunned that I DID IT!!  I am 62 years old and a lifelong couch potato.  I've started walking for the past couple of years, but now I feel like a runner.  Ok, a penguin runner, but I'm starting to have hope I can do a 5k.  I have signed up for one in August, but it's a "Senior Citizen" 5k and no running is allowed.  I do plan on walking really fast!! LOL.

• Joan48732 Amateur 10 posts since
    Jun 17, 2012
    82. Jun 18, 2012 2:21 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Hi everyone.  W1D1 for me!  I'm hoping to increase my energy and reduce stress through running.  Losing 45 - 50 pounds would be an added bonus.   I didn't realize how incredibly out of shape I am until that little voice on my ipad said "begin running" and I wanted to die!    Truly, the c25k app is so helpful - I didn't have to pay attention to my watch or anything else - I could just listen to my music and follow instructions.  I'll update again after W1D2, just so that I am accountable to myself.  Willpower is not one of my strengths.... 

• mom2katon Amateur 13 posts since
    May 16, 2010
    83. Jun 18, 2012 2:29 PM (in response to Joan48732)
    June C25K Starters

W4D1 for me as well Missouistar!  Well done to both of us.  I definitely felt it -- but I managed to run everything I was supposed to run. 

I did get the app for my droid and I am glad I did.  I ran outside for W3D3 and it was perfect.  Today I had to run inside as the only time I had to run was in the heat of the afternoon -- and it was sad to not see the app be able to track me (since I wasn't going anywhere on the gps!!  LOL) but I just added the info from the treadmill to the log so I have it for future reference.

Hope this posts -- I tried last Friday to post and it never would let me!  Good job everyone -- keep that motivation factor high   Whatever your level or pace -- be proud with what you accomplish.

• StephJourneyto5k Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 19, 2012
    85. Jun 19, 2012 9:53 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

So happy to have found this thread! I just finished W2D2 and feeling great! Although, skimming through the coming weeks definately has me scared! I feel I have such a mental block.....running 1 min or even 90 secs...sure no problem(mentally I feel I can handle that)....but the thought of running for longer really has me doubting my ability. My goal is to run a 5k race this summer and this is the first time I've EVER tried "running" (I don't really consider myself a runner yet....but hope to get there Over the last year I have lost 100 lbs and am really looking for to my healthy new lifesytle

• rengb6 Amateur 12 posts since
    Jul 31, 2010
    86. Jun 19, 2012 11:00 AM (in response to StephJourneyto5k)
    June C25K Starters

I felt the same way when I was doing the C25K, you just need to trust the program! It builds you up and you will suprise yourself every week by surpassing what you previously thought was impossible! You have lost 100 pounds (great job btw) so you obviously know how to stick with it and accomplish hard tasks!

Hello everyone, I thought I might join this group even though I am not doing the C25K. I have done the C25K 3 times and completed it on the 3rd try then stopped running all together. One week ago I decided (after about a year) that I needed to get back into running because I LOVE the way it makes me feel post-run but I did not have the patience to restart the C25K for the 4h time! So I am currently doing the Hal Hidgeons Novice 5k program. Last week I did three 1.5 mile runs and this week I have to do three 1.75 mile runs. I have so far been able to keep up with the program and have begun to feel less winded. So I hope no one minds if I occasionally post in this thread.

Good luck on your runs this week!

• ikkinikki607 Amateur 10 posts since
    Jun 17, 2012
    87. Jun 19, 2012 11:26 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

I did W4D1 today and I can't believe I did it!! It's so scary to take that next step! I only really struggled on the last 2 minutes of the final run.  I got a side stitch but just slowed down and worked though it! Now I feel ready to go again tonight...but I don't want to push it! Whenever I am sitting there thinking about whether I want to go or not I always think of one thing someone told me that always motivates me.....whenever you finish a workout, you will never say, I regret working out or I wish I wouldn't have done it and I should have just stayed on the couch! You will only feel regret if you didn't get up and going! Good luck everyone! I Love this thread!

• TisforTiara Amateur 21 posts since
    Jun 5, 2012
    89. Jun 20, 2012 12:14 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

W3D3 completed.  Feeling really good about W4, was getting a bit nervous about doing a whole five minutes of running, but looking forward to it now - planning to go out early on Saturday morning, which seems to be my best time for running, and just go for it.  And if I can't manage five minutes, I'll just do what I can - I know I can do two sets of three minutes and still want to do more!

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...