Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

415 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2012 3:46 PM by usnavy233 RSS
usnavy233 Rookie 7 posts since
Apr 2, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 22, 2012 3:46 PM

Anybody Else Use Melaleuca Products in Their Training Plan?

DISCLAIMER: In the interest of full disclosure I'd just like to point out that I am a Melaleuca Director and I do earn an income from the company. However, this post is NOT about income potential, enrolling new customers, etc. If you don't know about Melaleuca and you're interested in learning, feel free to PM me. I'd like to keep this discussion on topic; that being those who train exclusively with Melaleuca products and the results that they are having or have had in the past. OK, so with that out of the way...

How many of you have used Melaleuca's Access Bar or Powder, Proflex 20, etc in your marathon or other training? I've been using Melaleuca products exclusively for this marathon training (3 weeks in to a 16 week plan) and I was using them about a month prior in my regular workouts as well.

I think the Access Bar is phenomenal! Whether I'm doing a heavy calisthenics workout, speed work, long run, etc, it seems like I'm never as sore and tired afterward as I used to be and I have a consistent energy stream throughout the workout. I'm not so much interested in the increased fat burning aspect since I'm already a string bean but I love all the other qualities. I current take an Access Bar 15 minutes prior to starting my workout, Proflex 20 when I’m done and I use the Sustain Sport in my hydration plan on long runs. As I continue to push into longer runs, I’ve recently added a second Access Bar around the 1:30 mark. This is right around the halfway point (for my marathon time goal) for me (I average a little under a 7:30 mile on my long runs). 

Anyone else using Melaleuca products? How are you incorporating them? What have your results been?

Looking forward to your feedback.

-Walt

"He is best; who is trained in the severest school."

- General Thucydides, 424BC

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points