Skip navigation

8802 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2012 10:05 AM by ACKMANN RSS
DarrenKnopic Rookie 4 posts since
Mar 18, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 24, 2012 11:54 PM

Help Anyone.

I am pretty good at getting out of my shoes on the bike and dismounting,and pretty good at getting on the bike with shoes clipped in but fumble

a lot getting into my shoes,just cant seem to get into them fast,takes a lot of wiggleing,any tips would help.

• Moriates Legend 297 posts since
    Jul 19, 2008
    1. May 25, 2012 5:51 AM (in response to DarrenKnopic)
    Help Anyone.

I am not sure how you are doing it but you should rubber band your shoes from the heel to the bike to keep them level.  The straps need to be wide open and the whole shoe should be open as much as you can.

The rest is all practice.  Plenty of powder helps!

GREG C. MORIATES

Owner/Coach - LET ME HELP YOU ACHIEVE GREATNESS!

GCM Endurance

www.GCMEndurance.com

Team/Club Xtreme Multisports, Inc.

www.xtrememultisports.com

Blog: http://xtrememultisports.tumblr.com/

Become a Fan: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Xtreme-Multisports/117254468321101?ref=sgm

Twitter: http://twitter.com/xtrememulti

Sponsors:

VCRC Bikes | FFWD | Synergy Sports| SportMulti | Skins USA | Rudy Project | Athletes Honey Milk | Honey Stinger | Tri Life Gear

• Julie Ann Hackett Legend 228 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    3. May 29, 2012 11:08 AM (in response to DarrenKnopic)
    Help Anyone.

Thanks for the tips! This is something I know I need to start working on.

• mjm 62 Pro 91 posts since
    May 18, 2008
    4. May 29, 2012 11:44 AM (in response to DarrenKnopic)
    Help Anyone.

Hey Darren,I've done roughly 30 Tri's and have tried just about every conceivable way but for me it works this way,bike shoes on towel for "T" 1 a quick wipe of the feet in the shoes off you go then about 500 feet from dismount I pull my feet out and ride on top until dismount wipe feet real quick on same towel and into my Zoots.The 20 or so seconds I lose in T 1 I'll make up on the bike,hope this helps,Mike

Cape Coral Yacht club sprint 1:03

FGCU sprint 1:03

Columbus Marathon 3:50-2010

Gator Half Ironman 5:43-2009

Venice sprint 1:09/25th overall

Captiva sprint 1:04

• Mark.T Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 21, 2008
    5. Jun 2, 2012 5:34 PM (in response to DarrenKnopic)
    Help Anyone.

Part of the problem may be the type of shoe that you have.  My shoe has only one velcro strap and it has a notch that holds it in the wide open position.  I also store my shoes with tube in them that holds the shoe in the wide open position so when I'm getting my feet in them they are pretty much wide open.  They also have a loop in the back of the shoe for pulling them on.  When I jump on my bike from the left side I insert my foot into the left shoe.  I usually have enough speed that I can then slip my right foot in the right shoe, pull the right shoe on, crank a little and then pull the left shoe on.  Just takes practice.

• Mark.T Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 21, 2008
    7. Jun 3, 2012 4:53 AM (in response to DarrenKnopic)
    Help Anyone.

Darren,  I use a cardboard tube about an 1 -1/2" diameter cut to the appropriate length to hold the shoe open.

• ACKMANN Amateur 22 posts since
    Jul 27, 2011
    9. Jun 23, 2012 10:05 AM (in response to Mark.T)
    Help Anyone.

Taussig - Thanks for the great idea.  I'm having the same problem.  But, using your suggestion as a base, I found I can put a 32oz bottle of Gatorade down into my shoe, size 11 (44).  The really open the shoes up.

Thanks again.  I race tomorrow, and hope the shoes are wide open for me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points