Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

792 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2012 9:08 AM by Grandrew RSS
LadyAnastacia Rookie 1 posts since
Jun 24, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 24, 2012 10:20 AM

C25K First Day!!

So after stumbling across this program at the end of April it has taken untill today (24th June) to do something about it.

So i grabbed my new running shoes and headed to the local canal for some scneary as i ran. It was hard work, i had previosuly made myself a track for my ipod consisting of motivational music with appropriate bleeps to help me stick to the timings. And at first during the 60 second run periods, i was praying for the next beep to come. It was very hard at first but i realized i was trying to run too quick and once i slowed it down to a steady jog, i started to enjoy it (a little bit). Towards the end i passed another runner who gave me a big smile which really helped me through the last few minutes. I really want to stick with this programme and run for 30 mins, no stopping. However at the minute i cannot run for more than 90 seconds continous so looks like a pipe dream! (How do these people do it?!?) But i will do this programme, i will run that 30 mins in a couple of months and man will it feel good!! Im just so pleased i got out there and gave it a go!! Well done to anyone else whos also completed there first day!!

• dwm082 Community Moderator 1,063 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Jun 29, 2012 1:46 AM (in response to LadyAnastacia)
    C25K First Day!!

Just be patient and don't worry about speed at all. The program works if you stick with it.

Welcome to the boards, and good luck with the program!

Don

2012 Race Schedule

Providence Marathon (4:48:55)

Buffalo Half-Marathon (2:03:16)

Chicago Marathon (October 7)

• Grandrew Expert 34 posts since
    Mar 6, 2012
    2. Jul 7, 2012 9:08 AM (in response to LadyAnastacia)
    C25K First Day!!

Welcome to C25K LadyAnastacia and to the boards.  Just stay focused on what you are able to do on your present run.  You will have good runs and bad runs, especially early on, but stay with it.  When I started I had a few doubters that gave me a hard time but I kept thinking about how much further I was running than them.  Keep your goal in mind and take them one run at a time and you will continue to surprise yourself with what you can accomplish.

Started C25K - 3/6/2012

Graduated C25K - 6/4/2012

SNA 5k By the Bay, 5/18/2012 - 29:25

Gaspee Days 5k, 6/9/2012 - 29:39

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...