Skip navigation

5362 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 8:50 AM by TheGekko RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • honguito Pro 135 posts since
    Dec 24, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jun 26, 2012 8:26 AM (in response to TheGekko)
    Re: heart monitors / watches?

Better get the Garmin 910 - it's definitely the best product on the market.

• TheGekko Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 2, 2011
    16. Jun 26, 2012 8:43 AM (in response to honguito)
    heart monitors / watches?

Ok, so I looked at the Garmin 910. Here are the differences I see:

• Garmin includes the altitude features, which you have to go to the next Polar model for that (RS800 I think).
    • All other features are the same
    • Garmin appears to be a hair cheaper
    • Garmin watch is a LOT bulkier

For anyone using the Garmin...can you answer this? Is the bulk still make this viable to use when racing? Also, does the bulk in the watch mean no external GPS sensor like the Polar has?

Thanks.

• honguito Pro 135 posts since
    Dec 24, 2007
    17. Jun 26, 2012 8:47 AM (in response to TheGekko)

No need for an extra GPS gadget with Garmin - it's already included in the watch. Furthermore, it tracks all your indoor AND outdoor swimming, with distance, stroke count, swim style, etc. And with the GPS included you really don't need any of the other pads or pods. The only advantage of Polar is that it measure heart rate during the swim - which I don't think is so important.

• TheGekko Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 2, 2011
    18. Jun 26, 2012 8:50 AM (in response to honguito)

But the Garmin appears to be very large. Does the size cause any inconvenience for races or training? Also, how is the software for the Garmin in regards to tracking all of your statistics? I am really looking for my own "personal trainer" or "training buddy" with whatever option I go with.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...