Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3550 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2012 10:55 AM by runbrenrun RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • Reflective Runner Amateur 12 posts since
    Nov 12, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jun 27, 2012 5:50 AM (in response to EMTTrix)
    Wave, nod or ignore...What do you do?

Yes!  I am in Indiana (where it happens to be extremely dry and hot right now...).  After my comments on Monday, I paid special attention during my morning run yesterday and passed no fewer than 6 waving/smiling runners.  Everyone I passed exchanged greetings with me...

Barry Johnson (aka Reflective Runner)

Find Relective Running Gear Here:

http://reflectivegearforrunning.com

• EMTTrix Pro 60 posts since
    May 20, 2012
    16. Jun 27, 2012 9:06 AM (in response to Reflective Runner)

My sister lives in the South Bend area, it nice down there.  we went running/walking through her neighborhood, everyone that was outside or walking all waved or smiled.  It was really nice.

My run last night I only encountered 2 runners that didnt wave/smile or nod, but the one was looking down at her iPod and the other I could just tell was totally in the zone.  I did appreciate the good looking gent that I passed twice during my run...made me increase my stride a little.  Each time he gave a nod and flashed a very nice smile.  makes me want to run that course more often

Weight Loss 32 lbs loss to date (since 01/2012)

5k Races 2011

Chicago Monster Dash 10/29/2011 - 53:10

5k Races 2012

Chicago Polar Dash 1/21/2012 - 49:00

Hartland Healthy Life 5/19/2012 - 43:08

Summerfest Rock 'n Sole 6/23/2012 - 39:56 PR

Run with Wolfes 9/16/2012 -

Susan G. Komen 9/23/2012 -

Chicago Monster Dash 10/21/2012 -

7k-10k Races 2012

Chicago Get Lucky 3/18/2012 - 1:01:36

Obstacles/Mud Runs 2012

Dirty Girl Mud Run (WI) - 8/19/2012

Keep on keepin' on!

• runbrenrun Rookie 5 posts since
    Oct 20, 2011
    17. Jul 1, 2012 10:55 AM (in response to lifl2003)

I usually give a nod and smile. I love encountering other runners who are out having as much fun as I and you can tell by the grin you get back. Some days when in the "zone" I will be slow to acknowledge another runner but if they make the effort I always respond with a grin and wave. I encountered an elderly man once who was out for a walk and he made a big point of acknowledging me and it made me feel great to be a part of such a nice communtiy of people. It definitely puts a spring in my step when there are other enthusiasitc runners/walkers.

I like to run evenings and I fiind it funny now that the nice weather is here how many people are out (several!) where were they on the grey, rainy, windy, snowy, frozen, pelting rain evenings of winter? I was the only crazy one out there then and really could have used a nod or smile

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points