Skip navigation

1241 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2012 5:48 AM by Frank_B RSS
BlueBlood Amateur 11 posts since
Apr 3, 2002
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 26, 2012 9:22 PM

Looking for ...

...a 2012 RIM. My last version is from 2009.  I've been asked to be a tournament official for District tournaments this year and I want to brush up.  Anyone know of any floating around the cyberspace? 

Thanks 

• Manny_A Legend 841 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    1. Jun 27, 2012 11:52 AM (in response to BlueBlood)
    Looking for ...

The RIM is posted on LL's website, but you have to be a LL Umpire Registry member to access it from here:

?http://www.littleleague.org/umpires/Umpire_Registry_Members_Logon.htm

If you are, you should have received the login info in your packet.

• NELL_blue Legend 303 posts since
    May 21, 2010
    2. Jun 28, 2012 6:22 AM (in response to Manny_A)
    Looking for ...

Do we know who puts this together at LL?  I have some suggestions for things to add for 2013.  

Or just send to Mike Messa?>

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

• Manny_A Legend 841 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    3. Jun 28, 2012 7:38 AM (in response to NELL_blue)
    Looking for ...

Andy Konyar worked on the first few RIMs.  In fact, I just did a "Properties" click on recent version, and it shows as the title "2007 Umpire School Rules Manual", and lists Andy as the author.  Seems obvious that subsequent versions following the 2007 RIM are just modifications of Andy's original.

I don't know if Messick is responsible for the RIM now.  I recall reading somewhere that the new versions of the RIM are coming out of West Region.

• Lou_B Community Moderator 1,319 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    4. Jun 28, 2012 7:44 AM (in response to NELL_blue)
    Looking for ...

NELL - send your suggestions to Andy !!!   

Actually, I'd "shotgun" it and send it to Pat Wilson, Nick Coringi and Jamie Joy and your Regional Director (since the LL Website says "Rule" stuff should go to the Regions).

Might also send it to Cris Noviello (Publications).

• DawgDays Pro 156 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    5. Jun 28, 2012 3:19 PM (in response to BlueBlood)
    Looking for ...

If you use Google to search for "2012 Rules Instruction Manual", I bet you'll find it.  Some folks post it out in public, even though they're not supposed to.

• Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    6. Jun 28, 2012 4:51 PM (in response to DawgDays)
    Looking for ...

Guess what guys...I'm no computer expert, more like a blind squirrel finding an acorn; but I just downloaded and printed 79 pages of the 2012 RIM b y googling as Dawg Days said, and clicking on (PDF) 2007 UMPIRE SCHOOL RULES  MANUAL.

Yes----"2007"-----and you will find the  2012 RIM embodied there.

Frank!

• BlueBeak Legend 300 posts since
    Nov 26, 2002
    7. Jun 28, 2012 8:09 PM (in response to BlueBlood)
    Looking for ...

Guess what guys...I'm no computer expert, more like a blind squirrel finding an acorn....

Don't sell yourself short, Frank! You do very well. We're all learning here aren't we? When I feel I know it all, I will purchase my pine box (so that's not gonna happen).

And as you verified, DD's google search works!

Time wounds all heels.....

• Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    8. Jun 29, 2012 5:48 AM (in response to BlueBeak)
    Looking for ...

Thanks for the kind comments BB.

Altho I held a very responsible position in the private sector before retiring in 1993, never touched, or saw, a computer until we were gifted by our kids with a computer after I retired. Fulfilled my duties and responibilities overseeing 31 account execs spead out thruout the northeast the "old-school" way----as learned with four years, and Bachelors Degree at Boston University---class of 1957---on the G.I. Bill---Korean Conflict. Married--[high school sweetheart]- IN 1953---with one child born in 1954. Other children coming later. By financial necessity, held down part-time jobs during those four years at B.U.

No G.I. Bill---no way anyone in my family could afford college. All Great Depression babies!

Older brothers quit school to go to work to help out. Two earned G.E.D. while serving in World War II.

Turned out I was only one to graduate public high school.

Not to say my job would of been much easier if I/we were into computers at the time; but we  survived, as did many,many countless others.

BUT NO REGRETS----MY BRIDE---59 YEARS THIS MONTH---WAS A "ROCK" THRUOUT THE TOUGH TIMES AND BEYOND; making those "tough" times not so tough.

Frank!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...