Skip navigation

882 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2012 6:51 AM by Frank_B RSS
FuzzyFace2 Expert 41 posts since
May 30, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 6, 2012 7:32 AM

Can't report a illegal player.

Two years ago this young man played on the freshman team and Acme team with my oldest son.(my oldest will turn 18 in Jan) . Fast forward to this year somehow the 15/16 commish in our league put this kid on a Little League roster (15/16) with NO paper work no registration . For one, in the past if you were on a acme team you always had to play up at the next level.. Two there is no way this kid is the proper age that's why the kid has NO paper work turned in. I can't turn this kid in because this kids dad is the assisant head football coach at the high school and my son plays football. What should I do? Our LL playoffs start Monday.

Thanks

• Rich_Ives Legend 1,283 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    1. Jul 6, 2012 9:41 AM (in response to FuzzyFace2)

If the kid was a freshmen (13 or 14) two years ago he could very well be 16 now as I learned math.  What happens on Acme or any other non-LL team doesn't matter a hoot.

How do you know there is no paperwork?  If it's the LL tournament then the coach has to carry copies of all the age and residency proofs and a signed affidavit that he met these plus the participation requirements..

If you want to challenge it you will be required to provide proof of your position - gut feel means nada.

If want to hide under a rock give the proof to one of the other teams and have them do the challenge.

• Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    2. Jul 7, 2012 6:51 AM (in response to FuzzyFace2)

....and fwiw to you, knowing you do not want to make yourself known as the "complainant"- and if you have access to the  2012 LL rulebook---the process is spelled out on page T-12.

It's noted there as to the tournament principals involved....a league commissioner is NOT one of them.

Tournament Directors and District Aministrators are initially involved---with the ultimate decision to come down from the Wiliamsport Tournament Committee.

It's also noted on the T.E.A. itself,  "This affidavit and all accompanying documentation is not to be shared or provided to opposing teams, media personnel or any other person unless specifically approved in writing by the Tournament Committee in Williamsport."

Frank!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...